Deadline: 30 November 2016
Open to: persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years
Fellowship: stipend amounting to EUR 1,150 monthly and a combined apartment / studio plus many benefits
Akademie Schloss Solitude is granting Approx. 70 Residental Fellowships of 3-12 months in duration. More than 1.300 artists from more than 120 countries have developed and advanced projects at the Akademie since its opening in 1990, creating a close-knit, global network of Solitude alumni that expands from year to year.
International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines: Architecture (design, landscape architecture, urban planning), Visual Arts (including performance art), Performing Arts (stage design, dramatic texts, dramaturgy, musical theater, performance, direction, drama, dance), Design (fashion, costume, product and furniture design, visual communication), Literature (essay, criticism, poetry, prose, translation), Music/Sound (interpretation, sound installation, sound performance, composition), Time-based Media (including video, video installation, documentary and fiction film) and Web-based Media (web design, web development/coding, web art and digital journalism). Furthermore, scholars, scientists and professionals from the disciplines of the Humanities, Social Sciences(Culture and Geopolitics), Economy/Economics (Urban Policy) and History (its practices of writing and politics in the contemporary).
The responsible specialist jurors make decisions on the allocation and the duration of the fellowships. Fellowships are granted for three to twelve months. One of the following three languages is assumed: German, English or French.
- Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years;
- Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age.
The fellowship includes the following:
- A combined apartment / studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge;
- A stipend amounting to EUR 1,150 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence). The Akademie may also offer additional financial supplements, depending on its respective budget situation;
- A supplement for so-called double housekeeping (subsidy for apartment or studio costs); freight cost subsidy for the transport of materials, tools and instruments to and from Stuttgart; a project promotion subsidy and a one-time materials subsidy; in the case of non-German guests (from non EU-countries), assumption of part of their health insurance expenses;
- The use of the workshops owned by Akademie Schloss Solitude under the supervision of the technical director, are free of charge for fellowship holders.
The next application round/call for applications for fellowships from 2017–2019 will take place from 1 September 2016 to 30 November 2016. Within this time frame only, applicants will be able to register on the application website and download the application form.
The link to the application website will be posted on the frontpage of the Solitude website as from 1 September 2016.
General information about the residency program of Akademie Schloss Solitude can be found under Residency.
Questions will only be answered by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit the official website.