Deadline: 15 March 2014
Open to: Children between the age of 6 and 14 years worldwide
Prize: cash prizes of US$ 2,000, US$ 1,000 and fully paid trips to UNEP event
The International Children’s Painting Competition on the Environment is organized every year by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Japan-based Foundation for Global Peace and Environment (FGPE), Bayer and Nikon Corporation. It has been held since 1991 and has received more than 3 million entries from children in over 150 countries.
Theme: FOOD WASTE
Subthemes: Save the Planet—Save Food, Wasting Food is Wasting the Planet
To help inspire you, please visit UNEP’s Think.Eat.Save. Reduce Your Foodprint website .
The organizers are inviting children all over the world to submit their paintings to the UNEP office in their regions. The children must be between the age of 6 and 14 years.
Paintings must be done on A4 or A3 papers. Full name, age (day, month, and year), gender and full address including phone and e-mail (in English) must be on the back of the painting, NOT on the painting. Style of painting is free: crayons, coloured pencils, water-colours, etc.
Paintings that have been shown or accepted elsewhere will not be accepted in this competition. Paintings that show a particular person, an organization or a brand name will not be accepted.
- The 1st Prize: One entrant – US$ 2,000 with a fully paid trip for the winner and a chaperone to a UNEP event (date and venue to be confirmed later). The winner will also receive a plaque/supplementary prizes.
- The 2nd Prize: One entrant – US$ 1,000 each and a fully paid trip for winners and chaperones to a UNEP event (date and venue to be confirmed later). Each winner will also receive a plaque/supplementary prizes.
- The 3rd Prize: Three entrants – A diploma/certificate for each winner (No cash)
- The 4th Prize: Ten entrants – A diploma/certificate for each winner (No cash)
- The 5th Prize: Thirty five entrants – A diploma for each winner (No cash)
One winner only from each region: Africa; Asia and the Pacific; West Asia; Europe; Latin America and the Caribbean; and North America. US$ 1,000 and fully paid trip for each winner and chaperone to a UNEP event (venue and date to be confirmed later).
Paintings must reach the by 15 March 2014. No painting will be considered after the deadline.
For more information please visit the