Focusing on women’s Initiatives, leadership and philanthropy to build successful communities, the Women’s Fund believes that women have a vital role in the social and economic stability of the region.
Mission: The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund develops resources and serves as a catalyst for improving the quality of life for women and girls.
Vision: The Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund envisions a region where women and girls reach their full potential.
Learn about grants and scholarships, Community Builders and the NW Minnesota Women’s Hall of Fame here
FUNDS – Northwest Minnesota Women’s Fund
Supports activities, projects, services or programs that improve the quality of life and strengthening and empowerment of women and girls in the region.
Northwest Minnesota Women’s Scholarship Fund
Supports scholarships for women who reside within the 12 counties of the region who are pursuing a degree at one of the following public higher learning institutions: Bemidji State University, Northwest Technical College in Bemidji, Northland Community and Technical College in Thief River Falls and East Grand Forks, the University of Minnesota Crookston or the White Earth Tribal College
University of Minnesota Crookston Women’s Scholarship Fund
Supports scholarships for women who reside within the 12 counties of the region who are pursuing a degree at the University of Minnesota, Crookston
Delta Kappa Gamma-Mu Chapter Myrtie Hunt Scholarship Fund
Supports scholarships for qualified women in their junior or senior year at a college or university with a preference for careers in education and for students enrolled at Bemidji State University
- Develop and provide resources to serve as a catalyst for improving the quality of life for women and girls.
- Provide support for programs and activities that lead to a safer environment for all women.
- Build networks of women in leadership positions throughout the region.
- Establish regional partnerships to develop entrepreneurial and economic opportunities for women.
- Recognize women at all life stages for their contributions to family, organizations, community and the region.
- Encourage and equip women and girls to achieve their full potential.
History & Impact
Since the 1997 establishment of the Women’s Fund, major accomplishments have been achieved:
- Built total net assets of nearly $300,000 for the Women’s Fund endowment
- Made 38 grants through the Women as Resources Grant Program totaling over $45,000
- Awarded 7 scholarships since 2008 to female students attending regional schools.
- Recognition of 33 women from throughout the region as outstanding Community Builders for their contributions as mentors, leaders and for professional excellence.
- Co-sponsorship of the Opening Celebration to Women’s History Month with the Bemidji State University Women’s Studies Program, presenting historical programs about women’s accomplishments and contributions to society, including partnership of the Northwest Minnesota Women’s Hall of Fame. To date, 23 women have been selected for induction into the Hall, which is permanently displayed in the A.C. Clark Library on campus.