IDEA Internship Program
Your interest in undertaking an internship with the IDEA office is acknowledged with great pleasure. We hope the information below will further increase your interest and encourage you to apply for our internship program.
Objective of the Programme
The internship will be beneficial to the interns, as the program will familiarize them with the overall IDEA working system and with its multidimensional activities in the country and abroad. The program will further provide interns with practical knowledge and skills in the field of environment, sustainable development, public relations etc.
Additionally, the IDEA office will also benefit from the wide variety of academic knowledge, professional experiences and personal creativities of interns. Candidates with new, refreshing ideas are welcome.
- have (or be in the process of taking) a university degree in one of the required fields (environmental studies; journalism; linguistics; public relations; international relations)
- reflect their interest in environment and sustainable development in the curriculum vitae and motivation letter
- have some work experience (internship, volunteering is accepted)
- have a good command of Azerbaijani and English (Russian is an asset)
The duration of the internship program is 3 months: From June 15, 2014 to September 15, 2014. In exceptional cases, it may be extended for another two months. Working hours for interns in the office are either 9:30-14:00 or 14:00-18:30. Deadline for application submission is June 5, 2014.
Responsibilities for the interns working with environment, sustainable developmentissues:
- preparing, reviewing, and updating environmental investigation and recommendation reports under the instructions of the Supervisor;
- monitoring progress of environmental projects of the Union;
- providing administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, and performing other general administrative duties;
- producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, staffing and etc.);
- liaising with staff, especially with PR Manager for events promotion;
Responsibilities for the interns working with PR:
- planning and implementing PR strategies under instructions of the PR or Project Supervisor;
- liaising with and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations via telephone or email;
- researching, writing articles, preparing information (for media sources) and media mentions under the instruction of PR Supervisor;
- writing and editing monthly reports, newsletters;
- giving valuable inputs to the organization of events including exhibitions, open days and etc.;
- updating information on the union’s website if needed;
Responsibilities for the interns working with translations:
- translating materials such as press releases, newsletters, reports and etc.;
- checking original texts to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning, and feeling of the original material;
- checking translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions;
- proofreading, editing, and revising translated materials under the instruction;
- reading written materials such as scientific works, or news reports, and rewriting material into specified languages (mostly into English and Russian);
- referring to specific materials such as dictionaries, lexicons, encyclopedias, and computerized terminology banks as needed to ensure translation accuracy;
- providing an efficient interpreting service for support workers;
Facilities in the office
Interns will be provided with a supervisor who is approachable at any time. The interns will be provided with all needed facilities including computer, seat and etc. during working hours and will attend biweekly staff meetings.
Please send your CVs and motivation letters (with max. 300 characters) to till June 5, 2014. Please do use the subject “IDEA internship program_summer” for your e-mail.
For additional information on internship opportunities in the IDEA Office, please, contact:
Phone: +(99412) 4976316
IDEA Summer Internship Programme