Deadline: 23 June 2014
Open to: schools worldwide
Prize: cash prizes of maximum $5,000, laptops and cameras
The School Enterprise Challenge is a competition to inspire and reward the next generation of social entrepreneurs. From milkshake bars in Mauritius, to fish farming in Uganda, to a Fair Trade cafe in Scotland, thousands of young people from all over the world are setting up inspirational school enterprises that are giving them hands-on business experience.
This year the School Enterprise Challenge is a three stage, global competition:
- Register and submit business idea (1 month) – Schools register online and gain access to a free suite of educational resources;
- Develop and submit business plan (6 weeks) – Opportunity to connect with other schools and apply for mentors;
- Implement a school business and submit a final report (up to 4 months).
- Schools win fantastic prizes including $5,000 in cash, laptops and cameras;
- Teachers get easy to follow lesson plans and resources;
- Students gain real life, transferable skills in a practical and fun way;
- Schools get international recognition as an entrepreneurial school;
- Participants in 2013 earned on average $810 USD in extra income for their school.
The School Enterprise Challenge is open to schools worldwide.
Registration for this year’s School Enterprise Challenge is open until 23 June 2014. Register your school HERE.
For further information visit the official website HERE.