Deadline: 15 October 2014
Open to: professional photographers worldwide
Fellowship: £10,000 for the production of an exhibition plus living allowance, travel costs and studio
Archisle, hosted by the Jersey Society in the British Channel Island of Jersey, promotes contemporary photography through an ongoing programme of exhibitions, education and commissions. The Archisle project connects photographic archives, contemporary practice and experiences of island cultures and geographies through the development of a space for creative discourse between Jersey and international practitioners. Archisle is currently inviting applications for the International Photographer in Residence Program, which will be held from April-September 2015.
A key focus of the Archisle project is to engage the residency programme with Jersey culture and community through audience and participatory involvement. In addition to the production and solo exhibition of new work responding to the cultural context of theisland of Jersey, the resident will be contracted to teach photography one day per week over the six month duration of the project. This teaching will be delivered in a workshop format to a range of educational and community groups.
The residence program is open to professional photographers possessing the desire, enthusiasm and a proven ability to impart technical skills and develop critical understanding of contemporary photography across a diverse range of participants.
The residency provides the following benefits:
- £10,000 bursary for the commission/production of a body of work and solo exhibition;
- Studio space with access to inkjet printing and office/internet resources;
- Living Accommodation and stipend;
- Travel costs.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
- A current CV including details of past exhibitions/publications;
- Examples of recent work (min 10/max 20 images);
- Statement describing current practice;
- Statement of objectives for the residency including an outline commission/exhibition proposal;
- An estimate of travel costs.
Applications must be submitted by email to: email@example.com or by post to:
Archisle Photographer in Residence Programme 2015
7 Pier Road
The deadline to apply is 15 October 2014.
For any enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.