Deadline: 15 January 2014
Open to: public or private organizations active in the tourism sector, youth or senior policies
Grant: max. 220,000-250,000 eur per project
Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises under the European Commission opens a call for proposals “Facilitating EU Transnational Tourism Flows For Seniors And Young People In The Low And Medium Seasons”. The main aim of this call is to strengthen competitiveness of the European tourism sector by encouraging the extension of the tourism season and by increasing internal mobility of seniors (over 55 years old) and young people (15-29 years old).
The project proposals must follow one of the two following strands according to the chosen target:
- “STRAND A” – Under this Strand, the Commission will co-finance specific actions aimed at developing transnational tourism products for seniors, facilitating tourism flows in Europe during the low and medium seasons
- “STRAND B” – Under this strand, the Commission wishes to finance up to 2 projects that should be ”exemplary”, both in terms of their capacity to address the major needs and constraints young people perceive as barriers to transnational mobility and in terms of their ability to become a reference model which will be replicable and transferable.
Eligible applicants are:
- Public authorities (national, regional, local) and their networks or associations at European, international, national, regional and local level;
- International organisations;
- Youth/seniors organisations/associations/federations
- Training and educational institutions;
- Research centres;
- Destination management organisations and their networks/associations;
- Travel agents and tour operators and their umbrella associations;
- Non-profit organisation (private or public), NGOs, civil society organizations, foundations, think-tanks, umbrella associations, networks or federations of public or private bodies, whose core activity falls under the following fields: tourism, youth or senior policies, or any other field that is strictly related to the object of the proposal;
- Chambers of commerce and industry, chambers of handicrafts or similar bodies and their umbrella associations;
- Small and Medium Size enterprises (SMEs) acting in the tourism sector
Applicants must be established in EU Member States; or in countries participating in the COSME programme (list HERE).
Proposals should be presented by consortia made of minimum 4 partners and a maximum of 8, from at least 4 different eligible countries. The consortium must be composed of at least 1 public governmental authority, 1 partner representing a youth or senior organisation, and 1 tourism service provider.
The maximum grant per project will be:
- 220.000 euros for projects submitted under STRAND A
- 250.000 euros for projects submitted under STRAND B
The Commission expects to fund 8-10 proposals. The EU grant is limited to a maximum co-funding rate of 75% of eligible costs.
The deadline for electronic submission is 15 January 2015 17.00 hours (Brussels time). Applicants are requested to log in at and follow the procedure for submitting an application.The electronic submission reference for this call will be COS-TFLOWS-2014-3-15.
For further information read the official call HERE.