Deadline: 15 April 2015
Open to: young professionals from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine, Russia or Belarus
Fellowship: travel, visa fees, stipend, board, accommodation, insurance
(PFP) affords up to 47 promising young professionals from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey and Ukraine the opportunity to gain practical experience in, and exposure to, United States government. The knowledge and interest of these young Eurasian professionals in American political processes will be expanded through short-term fellowships in state legislatures, city halls, federal offices and NGOs across the United States. In addition, the PFP will enable up to 17 Americans to travel outbound on reciprocal visits.
also affords promising young professionals from Russia and Belarus the opportunity to gain practical experience in, and exposure to, United States policies and offices related to innovation and entrepreneurship. The knowledge and interest of Russia and Belarus innovation fellows will be expanded through short-term fellowships in a variety of American organizations and state bodies across the United States that address innovation/entrepreneurship policy issues.
- Be a citizen and resident of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Turkey or Ukraine / Russia, Belarus;
- Be 25 to 35 years of age at the time of application;
- Be a college graduate (equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree or higher);
- Be proficient in English, as demonstrated by TOEFL scores over 500 (paper test) or its equivalent (for example, university-level study in an English-speaking program or IELTS band 6 or higher). If you have none of these and are selected as a semi-finalist, they will give you an institutional TOEFL exam;
- Have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in the public sector in your home country / have relevant experience in and commitment to a career in innovation and entrepreneurship in the public sector
The fellows will be provided with the following support:
- domestic, international, and U.S. domestic transportation;
- visa fee and processing costs;
- modest stipend;
- health and accident insurance;
- professional and educational enhancement opportunities;
- professional mentoring support;
- room and board with an American host family.
Application deadline for Professional Fellows Program fall season is 15 April 2015. Apply online .
For more information visit the