Deadline: 25 March 2015
Open to: young entrepreneurs aged 18-29
Fellowship: airfare, US visa fees, accommodations and meals, leadership training, coaching/mentoring, advocacy and networking opportunities
Each year, Youth Action Net selects 20 young social entrepreneurs to participate in the Laureate Global Fellowship through a unique partnership between the Sylvan/Laureate Foundation and the International Youth Foundation. Laureate Global Fellows are distinguished by their track records for success in achieving positive change in their communities, by their innovative approaches, and their ability to mobilize their peers and community members in support of their social change visions. Fellows develop leadership expertise and deepen their impact through a dynamic, yearlong learning experience, and join a network of over 1,000 change-makers like them who continue to benefit from learning opportunities and connections throughout their social change careers. The leadership training and public event will take place October 2-8, 2015 in Washington, DC.
Candidates must be:
- 18-29 years old as of October 1,2015;
- Founders of co-founders of existing ventures with at least one year of impact;
- Fluent in English.
Fellows benefit from a yearlong experience that includes leadership training, coaching/mentoring, advocacy, and networking opportunities. Other Fellowship benefits include:
- Recognition at a global awards ceremony, through related media outreach, and blogging and speaking opportunities made available through Youth Action Net;
- Year-round learning opportunities and one-on-one coaching based on Fellows’ individual needs and YouthActionNet’s proven leadership development framework;
- Being part of a global network of young change-makers, with the chance to connect and collaborate with peers leading change throughout the world;
- Access to ongoing learning and networking opportunities as a YouthActionNet alumni.
Retreat costs including US visa fees, airfare, ground transportation,accommodation, and group meals will be paid by the International Youth Foundation.
Interested candidates must apply online .
The deadline to apply is 25 March 2015. All applicants will be notified of their status by June 12, 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.