Institute for Peace and Dialogue, IPD
International Summer Academy in
Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution & Intercultural Dualogue
I Summer Academy: 7 – 17 August, 2015
II Summer Academy: 17 – 27 August, 2015
Institute for Peace & Dialogue, IPD is very glad successfully completed the II International Summer Academy and we start promotion of next International Summer Academies in Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution & Intercultural Dialogue, which is going to be held in Baar one of the beautiful place of Switzerland. Its image as one of the most favourable places for traveling has made it more interesting to offer an exited and comprehensive program for our participants. Our experts, who are professionals in their fields, will contribute to this event with many years of experience in peace, mediation and conflict studies.
International Summer Academies will surround mainly the topics mediation, dispute resolution, conflict transformation, intercultural dialogue, human rights, leadership, social approach, peacebuilding, negotiation, litigation, arbitration etc. related subjects.
The main goal of the summer academies is to support institutional academic peacebuilding, mediation and conflict resolution education and strengthen the skills of the representatives of state organs, business sector, INGOs, education institutes and independent mediators.
Within the international summer academies we plan to include different workshops, lectures, presentations, interactive group works, brainstorming on conflict places, mediation operations and peace negotiation activities as well as case studies on ongoing-fragile conflicts in the world (depends experts availability).
Participants will acquire knowledge and skills from lecturers/experts who are working on peace building, mediation, negotiation, conflict transformation, intercultural dialogue and non-violence and other correspond fields at the state organs, companies, universities, INGOs and research centers. There will be 5 selected experts and different topics in each of the summer academy period.
In the training, both visual/dynamic methods will be used, such as schedules, tests, surveys, direct interviews, distribution of questionnaires and other methods of observation. Every expert will take 1 or 2 days for his/her lecture and workshops. We will send educational materials and daily programs of the summer academy to the selected participants.
Besides the academic-educational side a cultural programs in the arriving (Welcome Party) and departure days (Farewell Party) is planned to bring friendly atmosphere and environment between the participants.
Important Dates & Times of Summer Academies 2015
Ø Arriving & Registration of Participants (Hotel registration starts after 14:00am):07 (for I Summer Academy) or 17 August, 2015 (for II Summer Academy)
Ø Opening Ceremony & Welcome Party: 07 (for I Summer Academy) and 16 August, 2015(for II Summer Academy) at 19:00pm – 21:30pm
Ø Breakfast Time: 07:00am – 09:00am
Ø Morning Workshops Period: 09:00am – 12:30am
Ø First Break Time: 10:30am – 11:00am
Ø Lunch Time: 12:30am – 14:00pm
Ø Afternoon Workshops Period: 14:00pm – 17:00pm
Ø Second Break Time: 15:30pm – 16:00pm
Ø Dinner Time: 18:30pm – 20:00pm
Ø Certification of Participants & Farewell Party: 16 (for I Summer Academy) or 26 August, 2015 (for II Summer Academy) at 19:00pm – 21:30pm
Ø Departure of Participants (Hotel departure till the 12:00am): 17 (for I Summer Academy) or 27 August, 2015 (for II Summer Academy)
Summer Academy Language
The International Summer Academy will be held in English language.
There are no age or country limits for the participation. A broad range of interested participants can apply for the Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution and Intercultural Dialogue such as:
– Representatives of Government Organs, Diplomatic Organs, Courts and Political Parties: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts between states, between civil society leaders, political party leaders and between government-civil society institutions.
– Representatives of Business Institutes and Private Sector: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts with potential clients, with business partners, between employers and between employer-leadership.
– Representatives of IOs, INGOs and Local NGOs: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts in conflict region and fields between conflict parties, civil society and political party leaders.
– Representatives of Universities and Academic Staff: To get knowledge on how to develop teaching, study and research methodologies.
– Representatives of Media Institution: To get knowledge on how to deal, manage and solve conflicts in conflict region and fields.
– Mediators, peacebuilders, researchers and any interested people who want to develop their academic knowledge and capacities in Peacebuilding, Mediation, Conflict Resolution and Intercultural Dialogue, who have intention to work as mediator, who wants to join missions in conflict regions, who wants to investigate academically and who work or live in countries/society with ongoing tensions and stress.
Scholarship: There have several types of scholarship offer on participation fee amount for the potential participants, if they request and pay the discounted fee before the 24 April, 2015.
NOTE: After evaluation of the participants’ application we will send the conditional invitation letter to start the participation fee payment process. After receiving the participation fee we will send unconditional invitation letter to the participants by email/post and by fax to the relevant embassy which you mentioned in your filled application form.