Deadline: 30 June 2015
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
Venue: 20 – 26 July 2015 in Bucharest, Romania
The UN Youth Summer School on Diplomacy is an educational programme that provides a unique space for learning and networking for students from Romania and their peers from all around the world. Here, distinguished speakers will contribute through diverse perspectives and experiences towards a better understanding of the topics covered, encouraging new thinking and inspiring debates.
This year’s Summer School on Diplomacy will take place between the 20th and 26th of July 2015 in Bucharest, Romania with the general theme Ukraine: Beyond the Headlines. The project aims to deepen and consolidate knowledge on regional and global challenges to peace and security, conflict analysis and resolution, as well as the art of diplomacy and negotiations.
The programme will comprise lectures, debates and workshops touching on current political, cultural and social challenges posed by the complex security situation that characterizes the European continent, with global implications.
The curriculum addresses general issues and theoretical aspects of International Relations, Security Studies, Peace Studies and Diplomacy in an effort to offer a comprehensive image of the crisis that arguably started in March last year with the illegal annexation of Crimea by the Russian Federation. It was a geopolitical move deemed to belong to the 19th century that shocked the international community and, more specifically, woke the European Union from its post-historic dream. More precisely, the focus will be on the historical evolution of the relationship between Ukraine and Russia with an emphasis on the status of Crimea, the International Law aspect of the ongoing conflict and its geopolitical significance, in order to build a better understanding of the stakes and try to formulate viable solutions.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- The UN Youth Summer School is open to students currently enrolled in a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD programme, recent graduates and young professionals;
- Age limits: 18 – 30 years old;
- Please note that the working language of the Summer School is English; therefore participants should have good knowledge of the language;.
Participation fees :
100 euros(without accommodation) Early Registration (until June 07) – 80 euros 150 euros(with accommodation) Early Registration (until June 07) – 130 euros
The participation fee includes:
– accommodation (if applicable) – 7 nights: 19/20, 20/21, 21/22, 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26.
– lunches throughout the conference;
– coffee breaks and snacks throughout the conference;
– conference materials;
– certificate of participation;
– access and benefits for certain social events (food and champagne at the Diplomatic night, entrance at the Laser Tag event, entrance and first drink at theClub night)
The Socials Pack – 15 euros (to be paid together with the participation fee), includes:
– food and drink at the Romanian Night
– participation at the Bucharest City Tour
In order to register, please download and fill out the and send it together with your CV at: .
The selection of participants will take place on a weekly basis. After receiving the confirmation e-mail, selected participants will have one week to pay the participation fee in order to secure their place.
If you have any questions, write to: .