Deadline: 1 May 2016
Open to: young professionals and graduate students between 22-35 years of age
Venue: 20-26 June 2016, Yeşilköy – Istanbul, Turkey
The Center for International and European Studies (CIES) at Kadir Has University will host the 6th International Neighbourhood Symposium (INS) in Yeşilköy between Wednesday, 22 June and Sunday, 26 June 2016. This year’s Symposium will focus on “Societal Transformations in the Eastern Neighbourhood and the Mediterranean South”.
The 2016 International Neighbourhood Symposium aims to discuss, assess, and understand the regional dynamics as well as the impact these are having on the transformation of the societies of the countries of the Eastern Neighbourhood and the Mediterranean South. Consequently, each presentation and discussion will focus on the themes of societal transformations in order to present fresh perspectives on the issues and to challenge the participants as they debate these. While some sessions have a general geographic focus; most will be thematic by stressing the perspective and potential of the human capital from the regions.
All of these points will be discussed further through peer to peer workshops facilitated by conflict resolution trainers whereby participants will be presenting project proposals emanating from their cooperation in the workshops.
- Young professionals and graduate students primarily from the countries of the Eastern Neighbourhood, the Mediterranean South, Central Asia, EU member states, and the United States;
- Applicants from the fields of public policy, politics, journalism, and business;
- Target age group is 22-35 years of age (those born between 1980 and 1993).
The Symposium participation fee is set at EUR 450 and will cover:
- Tuition and reading materials;
- Local transportation between Istanbul’s international airports and conference venue;
- Accommodation in twin rooms (two persons sharing one room);
- 4 night accommodation including breakfast, lunch for 4 days and 2 dinners.
A limited number of scholarships for international travel or fee waivers may be granted based on merit and the availability of funds. The award of scholarships is at the discretion of the organizers. Successful applicants will be notified upon their acceptance to the Symposium.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you should complete the application form, a two-page CV in English and sent them by email at email@example.com.
For more information please visit the official webpage.