Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 30 years old
Venue: 12 – 14 November 2016 in New Delhi, India
The World Youth Conference 2016, “Youth for Sustainable Development” will take place from 12 to 14 November, 2016 in New Delhi, India. The Conference has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between states and youth, called ‘New Delhi Action Plan’.
The Conference is expected to bring together 1500 participants, half of them young people, and 150 of them will come from marginalised backgrounds, making the conference one of the most well represented youth events at the global level. The pre-conference process is led by an independent international youth task force which represents major global youth organisations and regional platforms ensuring regional and gender balance.
The international youth delegates will be selected according to these criteria:
- Between 18 and 30
- Well versed in current national/international youth policies and/or development debates
- Willing and motivated to prepare the WYC together with other young people through involving in/conducting consultations to take other young people’s views to the WYC
- Willing to ensure follow-up to the WYC through dissemination of outcomes and taking part in the implementation of the outcome document
- Able to work in English
- Supported by an organisation/community that can endorse you as a delegate (whenever possible)
Please not that gender and regional balance will be taken into account in the selection.
The role of youth delegates:
- To represent their constituencies during the WYC 2016 and actively take part in the conference programme
- To prepare for the WYC 2016 together with their constituencies through the organisation of consultations and other pre-conference programmes
- To actively follow-up the WYC2016
Group registration is only applicable to the registration of five people or more. The company or organization requesting a group registration must nominate one group representative who will administer the group booking.
The registration fee structure for group registrations is identical to the structure for individual delegates, which is based on the World Bank Classification.
Group members cannot register accompanying persons online. This can either be done onsite or by contacting the WYC 2016 Registration Department.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: email@example.com.