The White House program that gives young Americans the chance to work under top government officials announced that the applications period for the 2019-2020 class is now open. The White House Fellows program is designed to encourage nonpartisan public service by giving participants a year of high-level federal employee experience. According to the White House Fellows website, 44 alumni of the program have been elected to public office and 70 have been confirmed by the Senate to federal office.
Application process for August 2019 to August 2020 White House Fellows Program:
- To apply, and for full details on the selection criteria, go to: https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/fellows/apply/.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, have completed their undergraduate education.
- Applicants may not already be federal employees, with the exception of career military personnel.
- Applications will be accepted from November 1, 2018 – January 16, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Spring, 2019, 100 applicants are accepted for initial round of interviews.
- 30 national finalists selected for background check.
- June 2019, finalists will have interviews with the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships.
- Final 11-19 finalists will be appointed as Fellows.