Deadline: 15 April 2017
Open to: photographers all over the world
Prize: cash awards, accommodation and travel allowance for winners to attend the awards ceremony
Since 1998, the China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) has launched a call to photographers all over the world to document folklore phenomenon extensively and in depth. To this end, CFPA founded HPA, blessed with UNESCO’s support and is granted with its logo since the 2nd HPA. HPA gets held biennially and HPA 2017 is the latest session, short for the 10th Humanity Photo Awards.
We call upon responsible photographers who respect and love life to take out your cameras, and in the form of feature photography:
- to explore and rescue the endangered folk cultures of nationalities worldwide;
- to record the changes and evolution of various folk cultures in a genuine, vivid and profound way;
- to record, spread and share the multi-cultures of the world with the aim of enhancing mutual understanding and communication between people and promoting world peace and development;
- to contribute to the World Folklore Photo Museum with world-wide cultural records
1. Entries are required to be submitted online via http://www.hpa.org.cn. Please click on “Submission”, sign up and submit photos on the entry page in accordance with relevant requirements. All information is required to be written in Chinese or English only.
2. The entrant’s name on the entry form should be the same as that on his/her valid identification/passport. Any other preferred name such as “professional name” or “pen name” will not be allowed. If entrants would like to have a preferred name on the certificate, please apply 30 days before the awards ceremony, send a formal declaration letter according to the organizers’ requirements, and pay the cost of production.
3. There are no restrictions on entrants in terms of profession, gender, age, nationality, country or region.
4. The photos must be taken by the entrant himself/herself, otherwise the entrant will be deprived of the right to win the award in the contest.
5. Photos entered jointly by two or more than two entrants will not be accepted.
6. All entrants will be deemed to have accepted the Guidelines of HPA 2017. Any legal responsibility relating to entries, such as copyright, right of reputation and portrait, right of privacy, right of trade mark, etc. will be borne by the entrants.
7. The contest is open to everyone except the members of jury and the staff of HPA 2017 work team.
① Five awards will be offered in accordance with the judging criteria: Grand Awards (G), Documentary Awards (D), Jury’s Special Awards (S), Nomination Awards (N) and Performance Awards (P).
②③All prize-winning photographers will be invited to attend the award ceremony and related events that last for 3 to 6 days.
④ Prize-winning photographers are required to buy their own flight tickets. Based on the located region of the prize-winning photographers, the organizers will then determine the maximum transport allowance for the winners from each region according to the basic transport expenses for a round trip from their registered city to the city where the awards ceremony will be held. Transport allowance will be given to the prize-winning photographers after they arrive at the event venue and submit the signed paper flight itinerary or train ticket (Reimbursement is only allowed for prize winners who have paid for transport themselves during the period of ceremony).
⑤One Grand Award for each category, vacancy allowed. Judging Criteria: excelling in all three aspects: photographic technique, documentary value and difficulty in photographing, and can best highlight the mission of the HPA photo contest.
⑥⑦Jury’s Special Awards will be selected among the Nomination Awards based on the stories of the photo sets, interviews and editing skills of the photographers. The prize-winning photographers will be also awarded transport allowance. The final number of Nomination Awards will be made clear by deducting the number of Jury’s Special Awards from the original 100.
⑧As a way of encouragement for photographers in Arab States, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean to record local cultures, Nomination Award-winning photographers in these regions will have the chance to apply for transport allowance.
- Transport allowance is only offered to those prize-winning photographers who attend the ceremony and related events.
- Attendees are required to apply for entry visas and pay the relevant fees themselves. The organizers may be able to help with your visa application but bear no responsibility for the final decision.
- Winning photos have the opportunity of being included in the content of HPA promotional DVDs and publications. Prize-winning photographers attending the ceremony will be awarded a paper certificate and the publications of HPA 2017
- Prize-winning photographers and entrants as well are required to download the electronic copy of award certificates and participation certificates of HPA 2017 prior to September 16th, 2018.
From Sep 16, 2016-April 15, 2017, participants can select, submit and edit their entries in a 7-month time. Throughout the HPA contests in the past, there were photographers from 162 different countries and regions, who have documented 178 cultural subjects around the world. We were hoping that no matter where you are from or no matter what you will submit, your work could set a new record of the HPA’s figure.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check or write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The official web-page.