Cyber Threats Workshop ( 9, 10,11 October 2014)
The United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) is organizing the third edition of the Cyber Threats Workshop within the framework of its Journalism and Public Information Programmeon New Threats. The programme is tailored to journalists, chief information officers and those who want to specialize in public information and journalism. The focus of the upcoming workshop is on cyber crime, internet governance and the role of media.
The Cyber Threats Workshop will take place from the 9th to the 11th October 2014 at the United Nations Campus in Turin, Italy.
Key topics addressed include:
- Evolution of the digital society and modern vulnerabilities
- Understanding cyber warfare, cyber terrorism and cyber espionage
- Online crimes against property and persons
- UNICRI Hackers Profiling Project
- How to recognize and communicate cyber-threats/facts
- Discussing freedom of the press and cyber security
- Securing journalists, protecting sources and media infrastructures
The lecturers are experienced international journalists, experts from nationally and internationally academic and research institutions, as well as practitioners from international organizations dealing with cyber threats, cyber security and internet governance. To access the Faculty members list please click .
Upon completion of the course UNICRI grants a certificate of participation.
Applications deadline: 3 September 2014 (23:00 CET)
Who should attend: The workshop is intended for journalists, public information officers, corporate communication managers and those who want to specialize in public information and journalism.
For detailed information:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel.: (+39) 011 6537144