Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate study only, and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board. In addition, Scholars are invited to participate in a special awards program.
• demonstrate strong academic performance (minimum 3.0 grade point average/4.0 scale or equivalent);
• demonstrate financial need;
• be citizens of the United States of America;
• be high school seniors attending high school in the United States, or any of the U.S. territories and commonwealths and graduating in winter 2013 or spring 2014. Applicants living on a U.S. Armed Forces base and attending high school outside the U.S. are eligible. Home-schooled students who are graduating in winter 2013 or spring 2014 are also eligible.
• plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study toward a bachelor’s degree at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States for the entire 2014-2015 academic year.
Qualified candidates may apply online starting October 15, 2013 through January 9, 2014 or until 25,000 applications are submitted, whichever comes first. To be considered for this award, candidates must complete the secure online application and all of its components prior to the deadline. Deadline extensions will not be granted, and incomplete applications will be disqualified. Materials submitted in hard copy prior to the semifinalist stage will not be considered and will be discarded. Only the first 25,000 completed applications will be considered.