Deadline: 12 May 2014
Open to: international students who meet the requirements for Summer School
Venue: 21 July – 8 August 2014, Almaty, Kazakhstan
ALMATY – Rich and diverse range of social, cultural and sports activities…
List of courses for the International Summer School 2014
“Central Asia and the Silk Road of the 21st century”
international students who meet the requirements for Summer School
- The transactions from outside Kazakhstan can be made only in USD, EURO, BP. Plus bank transaction and conversion fees*.
- The transactions from Kazakhstan can be made from local banks. Students from outside KIMEP will pay the regular non degree price (for one 3 credit course): KZT 119,250 for Bachelor students and KZT 172,020 for Master students. Adult learners (older 21 years) will pay KZT 86,010.
- All students will be provided by a place in the dormitory on campus. The dormitory fee varies from KZT 17,500 to 22,500 .
Scholarships (cover tuition and dormitory fees)
• 1 full scholarship (1 class) for Kazakhstani bachelor student from outside KIMEP University
• 1 full scholarship (1 class) for CentralAsian bachelor student (Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan)
• 2 full scholarships (1 class) for international bachelor students from outside CentralAsia
• 1 full scholarship (1 class) for international graduate student from outside CentralAsia
• To have GPA above 3.3;
• To write and send an essay on topic “Why Summer School in Kazakhstan?”, describing motivation to be a student of KIMEP International Summer School 2014;
• To send a certificate proving your outstanding extra-curricular activities (sport, music, dance, public life, hobbies, etc.)
Please apply online and send all scholarship application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: “ISS 2014 ScholarshipApplication”.
The Admission deadline is 12 may 2014, classes start on 21 July 2014.
These rules apply to non-KIMEP students that want to enter KIMEP’s International Summer School:
Applicants will be waived from entrance exams.
They will apply as non-degree students for the International Summer School only. In order to apply for the International Summer School 2014, students should send the following documents:
• ISS 2014 Application form
• Scanned copy of passport / identity card
• Scanned copy of transcript from the university in which you are currently enrolled
• Applicants who are currently not enrolled at any university need to send a scanned copy of their diploma and transcript.
All applicants should have sufficient level of English (corresponding to IELTS > 5.5 or other certificates or proves) to be able to participate in classes.
The completed application package should be sent to International Relations Office by email: email@example.com.
For more information, application form, visa Almaty and Kazakhstan please check the KIMEP web-site at
For any questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.