Summer Trainee Program at Google
Deadline: 31 January 2014
Open to: students who have completed the first year of their university studies by summer of 2014, enrolled at a university within Europe and Israel
Remuneration: not specified
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that their search engine and tools serve. They believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services.
Google is invested in increasing the number of future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship. Google wants to inspire these students to continue in the field with such a program.
This summer trainee program includes:
- Software Project: A 12-week development project that you will work on with a team of Googlers and other STEP Interns. Skills-Based Training: Enhance your coding skills; get exposed to new tools and programming languages.
- Professional Development: Attend ongoing technical talks by senior Googlers, additionally, learn how to enhance your resume, tackle technical interviews, and improve your presentation skills.
- Mentorship: Be matched with a Google engineer, other than your manager, to guide you through your summer experience.
- Fun: Social activities, community building and networking. Build a relationship with your peers.
- Exposure: A unique glimpse into applying your computer science studies in a professional environment.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilizing natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Solve all problems that come your way
There will be STEP cohorts in five offices this year: Israel, London, Munich, Krakow and Zurich.
Google announces that the 2014 STEP internships in EMEA is now open to students who have completed the first year of their university studies by summer of 2014 and are studying computer science or related subjects. International students who are currently enrolled at a university within Europe and Israel are eligible to apply. If hired, students will need to provide Google with proof of authorization to work in the relevant country. You must be available between 30th June and 19th September 2014.
Start and submit your application HERE. A complete application includes resume, transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and evidence of a website or application you have created. This application will close on Friday, 31 January 2014.
Read the official call HERE.