is a governmental agency that promotes peace around the world by sharing one of America’s greatest resources: Volunteers. The Peace Corps has been operating for fifty years in more than 135 countries; the agency’s mission is to promote world peace and friendship, and the goals are: to help the peoples of interested countries and areas in meeting their needs for trained men and women; to help promote a better understanding of the American people on the part of the peoples served; and, to help promote a better understanding of other peoples on the part of the American people.
Announcement of Recruitment
Language and Information Resource Coordinator (LC)
Peace Corps – Azerbaijan
(Position based in Baku, with moving to Sumgait for 3 months during Pre Service Training)
Approximate Start Date: 5 May 2014
The LC coordinates all activities related to the Azerbaijani language program at Post, including:
- coordinating the development and production of the Azerbaijani language training curriculum;
- designing, conducting, monitoring, and evaluating all language training programs for Peace Corps Volunteers;
- training and coordinating the work of Language and Culture Facilitators and other language training or testing staff;
- assessing/evaluating language levels of trainees/Volunteers;
- monitoring and supporting the on-going language learning of Volunteers. Coordinates Information Resource Center (IRC), including managing Center and acquiring resources as needed and within budget.
- Relevant university diploma, preferably with a degree in education/foreign languages;
- 4+ years of teaching Azerbaijani to foreigners;
- knowledge of progressive teaching approaches;
- experience in designing/facilitating trainings/workshops for adults, preferably in teaching/teacher training, excellent Azerbaijani and English skills;
- ability to effectively train language teachers on teaching Azerbaijani as a second language;
- ability to communicate verbally and in writing; experience working in an international organization;
- demonstrate capacity to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
- good computer skills including Word, Excel, and databases. Willing to live and work outside of Baku for duration of Pre-Service Training.
- Classroom teaching experience;
- Certified as a LPI tester, Experience living and working in the United States or 5 years experience working with Americans is highly desired as is familiarity with life in the rayons.
You can download and other, request them by email , or pick up copies from the Peace Corps Office. Qualified persons should submit completed applications to the Peace Corps office: 2c Hasan Aliyev Street, Baku, Azerbaijan, or via email: AzJobs@az.peacecorps.gov or Fax: (99412) 596 17 24.
Applicants must submit the following:
1) completed application form and
2) CV or Resume.
We recommend that you also submit a detailed cover letter including a written description of how you meet the position’s qualifications.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is April 21 , Monday 9.00 AM