Deadline: 30 April, 2015
Open to: international students coming from the countries eligible
Scholarship: covers tuition fee, monthly stipend of EUR 130 / EUR 325 per month, accommodation costs allowance and medical insurance
The Hungarian Government announced the policy of Global Opening, as part of which the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme was launched in 2013 for foreign students.
The aim of the programme is to promote cultural understanding, economic and political relations between Hungary and other countries.
Full time studies:
BA/BSc (undergraduate 3 years)
MA/MSc (graduate 2 years)
PhD studies (doctoral 3 years)
Before proceeding with your application, whether your country is eligible and the requirements set for the foreign language programs.
- no tuition fee;
- monthly stipend: HUF 40 460 (EUR 130) per month in the case of BA/BSc, MA/MSc programs, and HUF 100 000 (EUR 325) per month for PhD students;
- dormitory places or additional contribution to accommodation costs: HUF 30 000 (EUR 100);
- medical insurance.
- The current Application form of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme (completely filled, printed and signed by the applicant);
- Curriculum Vitae in ;
- Letter of interest;
- Certificate of the applicant’s level of English language necessary for the selected program. Usually the requested level of language knowledge is B2-intermediate according to the : the certificate is preferably a state or international language exam (a) TOEFL iBT test score of 90, or PBT score 550, b) Cambridge First Certificate “B”, c) IELTS score of 5.0).
- School certificates: a. Copy of the secondary school graduation certificate (original and notarized English translation); b. Official transcripts, degrees, diplomas of any higher education already completed (original and notarized translation); c. Copy of the BA/BSc certificate (for applicants for MA or MSc programmes except in the case of one-cycle MA programs) – original and notarized English translation
- Copy of the passport (relevant page(s) where passport number, name and photo, date of expiry are visible)
- Medical certificate of satisfactory health condition issued not earlier than 1 months. (The applicant must obtain a written certification from a physician for not havong the folowwing illnesses: AIDS, Hepatitis A, B, C ot any other epdiamic conditions.)
- For painters, graphic artists and sculptors: photographs of three (3) works of art / sketches (indicating the date of the creation)
- For performance artists, musicians (conductors, composers): high quality recordings of three (3) different styles of music, (conductors may submit a DVD), composers must submit three (3) original scores as well.
- Detailed research plan (min. 2 pages)
- Copy of the MA/MSc certificate (original and notarized English translation)
- Two letters of recommendation from two recognised academic persons.
Once you will have all documents collected, proceed with .
For more information please see the official call