Deadline: 31 May 2016
Open to: professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution
Fellowship: tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses
Each year, selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships at one of the peace centers. In just over a decade, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 900 fellows for careers in peace building. Many of them go on to serve as leaders in national governments, NGOs, the military, law enforcement, and international organizations like the United Nations and World Bank.
Two types of peace fellowships are available.
They offer master’s degree fellowships at premier universities in fields related to peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Programs last 15 to 24 months and require a practical internship of two to three months during the academic break. Each year, they award up to 50 master’s degree fellowships at these institutions:
- Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA (fact sheet);
- International Christian University, Japan (fact sheet);
- University of Bradford, England (fact sheet);
- University of Queensland, Australia (fact sheet);
- Uppsala University, Sweden (fact sheet).
Professional Development Certificate
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended;
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree;
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background.
These fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
How to apply?
In order to apply for the fellowship you will need to fill in the latest by 31 May 2016.