Applications are currently being accepted for full-tuition scholarships to study at National Research University – Higher School of Economics in Moscow and St. Petersburg. All international students seeking English- or Russian-language graduate education are encouraged to apply.
HSE University is one of the top universities in Russia and one of the leaders in Eastern Europe and Eurasia in economics and social sciences. Our students come from all over the world to study in English or Russian in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and non-degree programs.
Fields of study: Computer Science, Economics, Humanities, International Affairs, Management, Mathematics, Social Sciences
How to apply: To apply for a scholarship, please fill out the standard HSE online application form (available here) and indicate that you wish to be considered for a scholarship. In your application, you may apply to two programs.
Scholarship details: Scholarships cover the full cost of tuition for Master’s programs over the course of two years. Subsidized accommodation at HSE dormitories is available for around 1400 rubles per month.
Eligibility:You must already holda Bachelor’s degree or earn one before the program start date (September 2017). If English is not your native language, IELTS or TOEFL exams are required to demonstrate you proficiency. For full program requirements, please consult individual program pages.
Deadlines: This year, there are two rounds for scholarship deadlines. The Round 1 deadline is February 1, 2017; the Round 2 deadline is May 1, 2017.
Scholarships are available for the following English-taught Master’s programs:
- Big Data Systems
- System and Software Engineering
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Financial Economics
- Strategic Corporate Finance
- Applied and Interdisciplinary History: Usable Pasts
- Linguistic Theory and Language Description
- Governance of Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Applied Social Psychology
- Cognitive Sciences and Technologies: From Neuron to Cognition
- Comparative Social Research
- Political Analysis and Public Policy
- Politics. Economics. Philosophy
- Population and Development
- Comparative Politics of Eurasia
- Socioeconomic and Political Development of Modern Asia
More information is available on the International Admissions website.