Deadline: 30 April 2014
Open to: Media and Journalism students from Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Jordan, Kosovo, Morocco, Romania, Slovakia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and USA
Venue: 9-23 August 2014 in Prague and Istanbul
The BRIDGE Program is a professional development program designed for emerging young professionals in journalism. Leading academics and scholars of journalism and media from the US, the Czech Republic and Turkey are developing the curriculum which will consist of three main components: academic coursework, new skills development, and intercultural learning. The program’s mission is to promote greater understanding and create networks among students of journalism and media by learning about and discussing recent developments in Europe, the US and the MENA region.
The goal of the BRIDGE program is to advance knowledge and access to reporting tools and networks of journalism students during a two week summer program, taking place in two geographical locations – Czech Republic and Turkey. The summer program features academic coursework, mentorship of students’ research, workshops with experts on digital media, roundtables with journalists and policymakers, and visits of local media and news agencies in Prague and Istanbul.
The Bridge program is organized by Prague Freedom Foundation in cooperation with Zaostreno and ProPublica under the auspices of Faculty of the Social Sciences of Charles University.
The candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Current university students of media, journalism and related fields.
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Jordan, Kosovo, Morocco, Romania, Slovakia, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine or the USA.
- Passport valid until September 2015 and ability to travel to the Czech Republic and Turkey.
- Must have successfully completed minimum of two academic semesters.
- Overall excellent academic standing.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills (equivalent to TOEFL score of 550).
The successful candidates will receive full scholarship covering: travel cost, room and board and study materials related expenses.
The application deadline is April 30, 2014. To complete the application the following will be required:
- Personal data (education, professional experience, publications and received awards).
- Copy of college official transcript.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Curriculum Vitae (in PDF format).
- Article Proposal (Topic: Press Freedom).
and scroll down to find the online application form. Candidates may be contacted and asked to participate in a telephone interview. Candidates must provide all of the information requested above. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further information, please visit the