The Carbon Market Forum (CMF) at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) in Brussels is seeking an intern to work for 6 months starting in June 2014, possibly extendible beyond this period.
• Carry out research and produce material on projects, with initial focus on carbon leakage
• Research and draft background materials on climate change, market approaches related to climate change and climate finance
• Assist with the preparation and publication of CEPS Commentaries and other CEPS publications related to the above subjects
• Provide support to the Head of the Carbon Market Forum
• Provide general administrative support to the Carbon Market Forum, including helping to organize CMF meetings.
• Maintain liaison with stakeholders such as business associations, environmental NGOs, etc.
• A degree in international relations, political science, environmental economics, European studies, or similar
• English language skills at native-speaker level; French or another language is an asset
• Experience with an international relations environment, multi-stakeholder process
• Well organized and able to pay attention to detail, ability to work in a demanding environment, under pressure, take initiative and be a problem-solver
• Ability to internalize substantial amount of material and think laterally
• Interest in climate change and market approaches to climate change, international relations
• Hard working and interested to potentially continue in this field
• Student status with an authorization to work in Belgium.
Start date: interviews will take place in the third week of January. Work will start as soon as possible after that.
Duration: Six months, extendible for twelve months for the right candidate. Compensation: Depending on the level, experience and background of the candidate. Workplace: Brussels.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a short covering letter to the attention of Andrei Marcu to , no later than 30 May 2014.