Deadline: 30 December 2014
Open to: All countries’ MA, Phd students as well as alumni or participants interested in the topic.
Venue: 7 – 15 February 2015, Kraków, Poland
The Centre for European Studies, Jagiellonian University and the ARENA Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo are pleased to invite MA and Phd students, as well as anyone interested in the topic to participate in the international Winter School in English: “Democracy, expertise and power: the role of experts in modern European societies “
International Winter School will take place 7-15 February 2015, in Krakow, Poland. Participants will take part in seminars conducted by experts from both Jagiellonian and Oslo University on the following issues:
- the knowledge society, from a theoretical and practical dimension; experts and their role in modern democracies;
- the role of universities in creating knowledge and implementing the public change;
- the media as the fourth power; models of democracy;
- and finally civil society and social movements as new actors on the political scene.
The discussions will enable participants to answer the question of whether knowledge is the driving force of modern democracy or a tool in the hands of technocrats and bureaucrats.
The Winter School welcomes all countries’ MA, Phd students as well as alumni or participants interested in the topic.
- No participation fee
- Accomodation, winter school materials, participation in seminars covered by organizers
Due to the limited places, the participants will be chosen basis on the application.
In order to apply, .
The application is available and it should be send together with CV in by December 30th 2014 on the e-mail address: . The results will be announced in the first week of January 2015.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask! Send an e-mail to an address:firstname.lastname@example.org .