Summer Internship Program in Germany
The Cultural Vistas Summer Internship Program in Germany provides an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable international work skills, improve their German language ability, and experience German life and culture firsthand.
Internship placements are available in a variety of fields, including, but not limited to business, engineering, finance, tourism, IT, media/communications, international relations, the nonprofit sector, German studies and economics.
Many internships are paid and scholarships are available to qualified participants who receive unpaid internships. Participants will receive a scholarship application following acceptance to the program.
A limited number of language course stipends are available for those who qualify.
Three program options are available:
- One-month language course in Germany in June, followed by a two-month internship
- Two-month internship with a host company, starting in early or late June
- Three-month internship with a host company
Cultural Vistas works with an array of global partner organizations to place participants in professional internships that meet their specified goals and career interests. Companies range from small family-owned businesses to multinational holdings.
Cultural Vistas’ Summer Internship Program in Germany includes:
- Application process assistance including help drafting a Lebenslauf (German resume)
- Internship placement in your target field with a German host company
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Financial assistance via the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (apply separately)
- Work authorization services
- Health insurance (optional)
- Cultural immersion and orientation seminar upon arrival in Germany
- Enrollment in language course (language/internship option)
- Housing assistance
- Support throughout the program in Germany and the United States
- Re-entry information and tips on marketing international experience to U.S. employers
- U.S. citizens, Canadian citizens*, or non-U.S. citizens enrolled at accredited U.S. colleges and universities.
- 18–30 years of age
- Two years of post-secondary instruction in German or the equivalent (extra language training is available, if needed)
- At least two years of university level studies related to one of the following:
- Business:business administration, international business, import/export, marketing, PR, sales, advertising, finance, consulting, hotel management
- Technical Fields: chemical-, electrical-, industrial-, and mechanical engineering, logistics, multimedia, IT, web and graphic design, architecture
- Liberal Arts: international relations, German, history, economics, social sciences
- Practical experience in target internship field (summer employment, prior internship, lab position, etc.) does not need to be extensive, but is preferred. The more experience you have, the more desirable you are to a potential host company.
Applications and supporting materials must be postmarked or submitted online by December 15, 2013.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.