Deadline: 30 April 2014
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 23 years old
Venue: 12-15 September 2014, Helsinki, Finland
WNYLE is an international non-profit organization aimed to foster globally innovative entrepreneurship and leadership among youth. Their mission is to contribute to the creation of a new generation of young democratic leaders and socially responsible innovative entrepreneurs. Their aim to impact positively 1 Billion Youth by 2020.
The International Workshop 2014 is to take place at Kiljavanranta Hotel . Kiljavanranta is a conference centre located on the shore of the pure Lake Sääksjärvi in Kiljava, Nurmijärvi 40 kilometers from the Helsinki airport (37 minutes by bus) and 50 minutes by bus to Helsinki centre.
Kiljavanrante is located in beautiful surroundings by the lake Sääksjärvi. The lake it self is the largest fountain based lake in Southern Finland and therefore extremely pure and like velvet on skin. On the other side of the hotel we have many kilometres of moor nature to enjoy by foot or by jogging. In winter time our guests can do cross country skiing on marked tracks and afterwards dive in to refreshing hole in the ice either with or without sauna! Inside the hotel we have well equipped gym room and 630m2 gym hall for wide range of activities; basket ball, volley ball, badminton, floorball, gymnastics, pilates etc. Plus saunas both indoors and by the lake and also a 17 metres long swimming pool.
The international workshop envisions to strengthen the entrepreneurial and leadership skills among promising young leaders and young entrepreneurs.
The major objectives of this event are as follows:
- Nurture and solidify the entrepreneurial (particularly the entrepreneurial mind-set) and leadership skills among youth participants.
- Enhance networking, multicultural awareness, exchange of best-practices and further cooperation among participating youth with focus on the issue of social entrepreneurship.
- Promote the implementation of joint youth socially responsible entrepreneurial and leadership initiatives among youth participants.
At the end of the workshop youth participants will have:
- Improved their entrepreneurial mindset and leadership capabilities
- Developed and presented a one year individual action plan
- Exchanged and presented their country best-practices
The International Workshop 2014 is looking for 50 talented international youth with the following profile:
- Highly motivated to improve their entrepreneurial attitude and mind-set
- Highly motivated to improve their leadership skills
- Highly motivated to network, share and learn from the leadership/entrepreneurial experiences of other international talented youth participants
- Aged between 18-23 years (some exemptions may apply on a case by case basis).
- Speak and understands English language
The International Workshop 2014 also would like to emphasize that the international workshop is NOT suitable to participants who expect a full workshop concentration on their business idea. Tough the workshop will touch upon the participant’s business idea and provide relevant feedback, it will also provide room for other relevant aspects of the entrepreneurial/leadership development such as: mind-set development, best practices exchange, participants networking and multicultural engagement.
The secretariat will grant 10 scholarhips to support the participation of talented youth from any nationality.
- 3 scholarships to the winners of the Global Inspirational Voices 2014
- 4 scholarships among those applicants who as part of their application submitted a video contribution to the Global Inspirational Voices 2014
- 3 scholarships to those applicants who submitted their application without video contribution
Scholarship is to cover the following benefits:
- Acontribution towards the air ticket our country-Finland and back*.
- Meals: Dinner on Friday evening; breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and Sunday; fast breakfast on Monday morning.
- Accommodation in double bed rooms, since participant’s arrival on Friday evening till Monday morning (3 nights)
- Pick-up service from airport to workshop venue and back
- Exemption from workshop fees
- Certificate of High Achievement
- Note nonetheless that all sholarship-granted participants contribute with a non-reimbursable symbollic contribution of 95 euros per participant.
- *Up to 300 euros for European based participants
- *Up to 1000 euros for participants based on countries other than Europe
- *Round-trip expenses will be reimbursed after the workshop against the submission of the originals of purchased air-tickets.
***It is assumed that other expenses that may arise and which are not mentioned in the benefits of the scholarship, are to be afforded by the participant.
Check the section ‘Application‘ to see how to apply for a scholarship.
At the moment The International Workshop 2014 is working to increase the number of available scholarships, check regularly for updates.
There are two ways to allow you to join the International Workshop 2014: a) Applying for both admission and scholarship and; b) Applying only for admission covering the workshop expenses yourself.
a ) Applying for admission and scholarship
Step 1 Send us the following documents in ONE PFD file by 30 April 2014 to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summarized CV (Max. 3 pages) indicating clearly your full name, birth date, age, nationality, country of residence and working e-mail address.
- Letter of personal motivation (No limit of pages) * stating why you should be admitted and granted a scholarship
- Letter of recommendation by a person who knows about your present or promising achievements i.e. formerteacher, organization’s leader, etc.
- Scanned copy of first page of passport
- Application fee of 25 euro (non-refundable), see below bank details (any bank transfer commission -if any – shall be paid by the applicant). Send us a scanned copy of your bank transfer.
- Scholarship applicants who submit a video contribution to the Global Inspirational Voices 2014 context, are exempted from the application 25 euro fee. Instead they shall send us the link of their video as part of their application package. See here the participation guidelines of the Global Inspirational Voices 2014
Step 2 Our board either confirms or denies your request of admission and/or scholarship by 19 May 2014
Step 3 If admitted and granted scholarship you will be requested to pay a symbollic non-reimbursable fee of 95 euros aimed to partically cover the workshop expenses. See hereunder the bank account details for payment. Registration is only confirmed after the payment has been received by our secretariat.
- * If a letter of invitation is required for visa application, it will be issued only after symbolic fees have been honoured.
- * If you have been granted admission and NOT scholarship and you need an acceptance letter to help your fundraising efforts a non-refundable 50 euros reservation fee payment is applicable in advance. This fee will allow the reservation of your seat. As a rule, acceptance letter is only issued after reservation fee has been afforded and sent in PDF format by e-mail.
- * Participants who need the invitation/acceptance letter be sent by post, will be charged a fee of 40 euros to cover the fee-courier.
- * Since we are aware that youth applicants from developing countries with less academic credentials and less international exposure might be at a disadvantage, and since we are looking for ‘PROMISING’ and not already ‘SUCCESFUL’ candidates, our board will base it’s decision mainly on the strenght of the letter of personal motivation.
- *The selection criteria will follow this scheme: strenght of personal motivation (50 points), submission of a video to Global Inspirational Voices 2014 (25 points), strenght of CV (15 points), letter of recommendation (10 points).
- * To read the guidelines to submmit a video, see the section ‘Global Inspirational Voices 2014’
- *We encourage you to prepare a comprehensive letter of motivation highlighting your current achievements (personal, professional, community, etc), expected future achievements and commitments, actions to be undertook after your participation in the workshop and any other information that in your view may help our board to assess your candidacy.
Benefits for applicants granted admission and scholarship (see the benefits in the section ‘Scholarhips’)
b) Applying for ONLY admission (you cover all your expenses): Self-sponsoring applicants
Step 1 Send us the following documents in ONE PDF file to: email@example.com
- Summarized CV (Max. 3 pages) indicating clearly your full name, birth date, age, nationality, country of residence and working e-mail address
- Letter of personal motivation stating why you should be considered for admission
- Scanned copy of first page of passport
Step 2 Our board either confirms or denies your admission. Applications from self-sponsoring applicants are assessed as they arrive, expect an admission decision within a week.
Step 3 If admission is granted, you will be requested to pay the workshop fees accordingly. If a letter of invitation is required for visa application, it will be issued after fees have been honoured.
- Fee: 590 Euro per participant. Early Bird discount will apply to all payments made through May 30 th. 2014
- Fee: 690 Euro per participant. Early Bird discount will apply to all payments made through June 30 th. 2014
- Fee: 750 Euro per participant to all payments made after June 30 th. if available places.
Benefits for self-sponsoring applicants
- 3 nights shared accommodation in double bed rooms* at the workshop venue from 12 September (evening) to 15 September (3 nights in total). Rooms are fully eqquiped with tv, toilet and shower
- Full access to sauna, swimming pool and a well eqquiped gym
- Bus pick up from the Helsinki airport to workshop venue and back
- Official certificate of achievement
- Workshop lectures
- Social program
- 20% discount on further WNYLE’s events.
- Other expenses such as international air-tickets, health insurance, visa fees, etc are not included in the registration fee.
**12 September: Only dinner
13 and 14 September: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
15 September: Breakfast bag
Fee Payment by International Bank Transfer
Account no. FI 53 14393500164234
SWIFT CODE: NDEAFIHH
Address: Insinorinkatu 23, 33720 NORDEA, Finland
For smooth payment identification in the reference field write: WNYLE Workshop 2014 – Your Name – Your Country
Send us copy of the bank transfer to us by mail as soon it has been made.
We will notify you by email when we have received this information. Please note that all payments must be made without charges to the payee. Enrollment is only confirmed when the transfer has been credited.
Fee Payment by Paypal
Let us know If you wish to pay using paypal or credit card and we will send you directly a payment link by email.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org