Deadline: 27 August 2014 at 23:59 (Central European Time)
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 35 years old, from around the world
Venue: 28th – 30th October 2014, Baku, Azerbaijan
The First Global Forum on Youth Policies, co-convened by the Office of the United Nations Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, UNDP, UNESCO and the Council of Europe will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan from 28-30 October 2014, with thanks to the generosity of our host, the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan, in the framework of Azerbaijan’s Chairmanship of the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers. The Forum will be supported by youthpolicy.org, an organisation that generates and consolidates knowledge and information on youth policies across the policy cycle, ranging from analysis and policy formulation to implementation and evaluation.
The First Global Forum on Youth Policies will be the basis for providing United Nations member states and other stakeholders with a unique opportunity to engage in a meaningful dialogue which will yield concrete suggestions for specific follow-up action and the way forward for effective youth policies. It is expected that the Forum will bring together an estimated 700 participants including representatives of governments, the youth community, civil society, international development partners, academia and research institutions, donors, the private sector, and more. Within this overall context, and complementary to youth policy practitioners nominated by the Forum co-convenors and participating governments, 200 youth policy practitioners will be selected based on this open call.
- Youth policy practitioners;
- Youth activists and members of youth movements working on youth policy;
- Representatives/experts of youth-led organizations, civil society organizations, and networks working on youth policy;
- Research experts from institutes, universities and think tanks with a focus on youth policy;
- Development experts from organizations, agencies and institutions in the youth sector;
- Programming experts from donors active in supporting policy change in the youth field.
- Preferably be aged 18-35;
- Be able to communicate professionally in English;
- Be experienced in formulation, implementation and/or monitoring of youth policy at the national, regional or global level.
Selected participants of The First Global Forum on Youth Policies will be provided with the following:
- Selected participants will be provided with roundtrip air or ground transport ticket: city of departure – Baku – city of return.
- Accomodation and meals during the days of the Forum will also be provided.
- Participants will be requested not to book individually with hotels in Baku.
- All expenses are covered by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Azerbaijan and UNDP Azerbaijan.
- Accomodation and meals before or after the Forum are the responsibility of the participant.
- Each participant will receive a free visa upon arrival in Baku airport.
- Interest: The applicant is highly motivated to attend and will substantively contribute to the Forum;
- Exposure: The applicant has shown past experience of minimum 2 years related to youth policy formulation, implementation and/or research;
- Impact: The applicant and his/her organization have the capacity to disseminate the results of the Forum back to the youth community;
- Gender and geographical balance;
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, before applying, please . or write to: email@example.com.