Deadline: 5 November 2014
Open to: international scholars, teachers, doctoral students, graduate students, undergraduates of universities, students, representatives of the regional and federal authorities
Venue: 11-12 December 2014 at Kazan Federal University, Russia
We kindly invite you to take part in the International scientific-practical conference “European and Eurasian migration system: similarities and differences of legal regulation”, which will be held on 11-12 December 2014 at Kazan Federal University.
This International conference seeks to address the urgent issues of modern science and practice in the field of migration:
- what are the main features of European and Eurasian migration systems?
- How do the two systems interact with each other?
- how migration processes are regulated in the framework of regional organizations in Europe and the former Soviet Union: such as in the EU, the CIS and EurAsEC?
- what are similarities and differences in the legal regulation of the two migration systems?
- what are the trends and prospects for the legal regulation of migration processes in the European Union and in the Eurasian area?
The conference will be conducted by the Department for International and European Law of the Law Faculty, the Centre of the European Union VOICES, the Institute for the Comparative Studies of Modernity, Kazan Federal University.
- The Existence of independent European and Eurasian migration system within the concept of migration systems;
- Points of contact between European and Eurasian migration systems: the impact of the migration policies of the former Soviet Union and the European Union;
- International legal regulation of migration to the EU, the CIS and EurAsEC: similarities and differences;
- Features of migration regulation in the context of EU enlargement;
- Problems of migration control in border areas;
- Ensuring the rights of refugees, migrant workers and other workers in different countries of the EU, the CIS and EurAsEC;
- Trends and perspectives of legal regulation of migration processes in the framework of European and Eurasian migration systems.
The conference brings together early career researchers and established scholars and practitioners in the field of migration, law and social policy and we invite international scholars, teachers, doctoral students, graduate students, undergraduates of universities, students, representatives of the regional and federal authorities to apply to attend.
Some participants can get a full or partial compensation for accommodation and travel to attend a conference.
For participation in the conference, we ask you before November 5 to send:
- The application;
- Abstracts (in Rus.or English. Lang.) No more than 400 words;
- CV of not more than 3 pages. with a list of the most significant publications.
Application for a conference (to be completed in Russian and English):
- Full name.
- Science degree, title.
- Paper title.
- Is there a need for reimbursement of expenses related to the participation in the conference?
– Payment of accommodation (price not indicated)
– Travel costs (please specify the approximate cost, mode of transport and the route).
Participation and abstracts sent to the Organizing Committee in electronic form at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Following the conference, planned to publish materials.
If you have any questions please contact the Organizing Committee by e-mail: email@example.com or the Department for International and European Law at +7 (843) 233-71-01 or by fax +7 (843) 238- 79-11 (contact person – Davletgildeev Rustem).
The event was partially funded by the European Union. This information does not reflect the official position of the European Commission