Deadline: 30 November 2014
Open to: young people, youth workers, local authorities representatives and business sector representatives from the Council of Europe Countries
Venue: 19-24 January 2015 in Strasbourg, France
The Youth Social Rights Network in cooperation with the European Youth Centre of the Council of Europe, The Youth Department, are organizing the international meeting “Employability United” which will take place in Strasbourg, France from 19th – 24th January 2015.
The meeting will bring together 40 participants from the Council of Europe Countries and aims to promote and support access to employment and autonomy for young people by training and networking among young people, youth organizations/youth workers, local authorities and business sector representatives.
The objectives of the meeting are:
- To familiarize participants with the specific aspects of gaining autonomy for young people;
- To discuss and share attitudes, knowledge and experience related to employment and employment trends in Europe affecting young people;
- To familiarize participants with practices, policies and systems that support access to employment for young people in different local realities;
- To discuss and reflect on knowledge, skills and support measures that youth workers, local authorities, business sector representatives need to be competent in, so as to support young people in gaining autonomy and accessing employment;
- To give opportunity for cooperation and networking between young people, youth workers, local authorities, business sector representatives in order to support young people in gaining autonomy and accessing employment;
- To create concrete follow up activities at local and international level for supporting young people in gaining autonomy and accessing employment.
The meeting is open to the following profiles:
- Young people aged 18-30 years old with little or no experience in international activities who have never been to European Youth Centre;
- Youth workers working on supporting the process of gaining autonomy and accessing employment. They should have knowledge and experience on access to social rights for young people with accent on access to employment and employment related issues.
- Local authorities representatives working in sectors related to youth issues or employment. They should have knowledge and experience on access to social rights for young people with accent on access to employment and employment related issues.
- Business sector representatives working in structured company with min. 5 employees and involved in decision making process in the company.
All the candidates should be highly motivated and be able to work in English.
The organizers will cover board and loading as well as travel costs. There is a participation fee of €50 per participant which will be deducted from the refund of travel expenses.
Interested candidates must submit the completed and a letter of support from organizations by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 30 November 2014.
For further information please contact: email@example.com or visit the official website.