Deadline: 12 February 2015 at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time
Open to: Lawyers, journalists, doctors, teachers, social workers, community organizers, and other human rights activists
Costs: full fellowships covering travel and accommodation for the program.
The application deadline has been extended!
The Institute for the Study of Human Rights (ISHR) at Columbia University is pleased to open the application for the 2015 Human Rights Advocates Program (HRAP).
HRAP is the flagship training program of ISHR at Columbia University. Established in 1978 at Columbia University, ISHR is committed to three core goals: providing excellent human rights education to Columbia students, fostering innovative interdisciplinary academic research, and offering its expertise in capacity building to human rights leaders, organizations, and universities around the world.
HRAP targets proven human rights leaders. The Program features a four-month residency at Columbia University with a structured curriculum of advocacy, networking, skills building, and academic coursework tailored to the Advocates’ professional interests and needs. Since 1989, 281 advocates from more than 80 countries have honed their skills, gained knowledge and expanded their networks through the program.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
* Lawyers, journalists, doctors, teachers, social workers, community organizers, and other human rights activists working with NGOs on issues including sexual and gender-based violence, domestic violence, minority rights, LGBT rights, labor rights, migration, health, social exclusion, environmental justice, and corporate social accountability can apply to participate in the program;
* Applicants should be actively working at the grassroots-level;
* Applicants should be endorsed by their organizations and they should commit themselves to return back to their organization after the end of the program;
* Preference will be given to those who did not have any previous opportunity to travel and study abroad;
* Full-time students or government officials will not be considere
Selected participants will receive full fellowships covering travel and accommodation for the program.
Application Deadline is February 12, 2015 at 10:00 am Eastern Standard Time. All interested applicants should apply via the online application system.
In order to apply, .