Summer 2015 Social Content Intern
Date published: 28-Jan-2015
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Job Posting Website: N/A
The social content intern will work within the CBS Interactive Social Content Development & Programming team in our Los Angeles office. As a full-time member of our team during the summer, you will have an opportunity to impact hundreds of millions of TV fans through powerful social media content.
This internship offers the right candidate an opportunity to create content that will delight TV fans on social platforms as well as exposure to the full scope of content production. It is ideal for a student who wishes to explore and/or pursue a career in online content development/production or content marketing. We are looking for a local candidate who can start in mid-June. This candidate must be returning to school after the summer for at least one more full semester.
• Generate and pitch content ideas daily for CBS summer shows.
• Identify real-time social trends and rising themes and generate content ideas that leverage those opportunities.
• Create photo and video content in collaboration with content producers, designers and editors.
• Work with social content producers to publish social posts, including writing creative and effective copy and selecting/manipulating accompanying imagery.
• Assist social content team with other projects as assigned.
• Understanding of publishing on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Interest in television, entertainment and pop culture.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Ability to work against tight deadlines.
• Great communication skills and ability to articulate concepts.
• Keen eye for visual storytelling (experience in Photoshop a plus).
• Must be currently enrolled in college/university with at least one semester remaining after completion of the internship.
• Must successfully complete background check.
In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled