Deadline: 20 April 2015
Open to: Postgraduate students from around the world
Venue: 16-23 August 2015, Belgrade, Serbia
IPAK Center is proud to announce the Call for Participants and our lecturers for the Summer School for Sexualities, Cultures and Politics 2015! Lee Edelman, Lynn Huffer, Elisabeth von Samsonow, Boyan Manchev, Jenny Sundén, Susanna Paasonen, and Mirjana Stošić. Special artist appearances: Ana Hoffner and TKV. The programme includes the workshop “Think Outside the Cocks”, as well as Open Lectures and exhibitions.
The Summer School for Sexualities, Cultures and Politics 2015 will take place at the Faculty of Media and Communications in Belgrade from 16-23 August 2015.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Applicants should be postgraduate students (preferably MA or PhD students or younger researchers) interested in exploring the issues of gender, queer, cultural studies, visual arts and humanities and related areas. However, outstanding BA students are also considered and have the chance to enroll.
- We especially welcome applications from independent scholars, cultural workers and artists.
- Applicants from all countries are eligible to apply.
- Appplicants from Central and East-european countries*: 300 Euro (discount applicable).
- Applicants from Europe and worldwide: 400 Euro (discount applicable).
- Singidunum University students: 150 Euro (no discount applicable).
- Former SSSCP students are offered 15% tuition fee discount (origin and type of deadline notwithstanding).
*For the purpose of this call, the following countries fall under the term: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Albania, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Czech Republic, Poland.
- Note that we offer 10% discount if the participant apply in the first application deadline and pays the total fee untill 15th of May.
- The fee covers tuition, lunch, study materials during the school, and certificate.
- Use of library at the Campus with free internet.
- Coffee breaks and refreshments included.
- Cocktail Party for the opening of the SSSCP.
- Arrangements for accommodation, transportation, visa (if needed) and other expenses should be arranged by applicants on themselves. Recommendations for accommodation in Belgrade will be provided to admitted participants on a later stage. The organizers are ready to assist with visa arrangements in special circumstances.
Response (according to relevant deadline):
Deadline 1 (early applications, 10% discount):
– April 20th / selection results by April 30th / payment due May 15th
Deadline 2 (regular applications, no discount):
– May 20 th / selection results by May 31th / payment due June 15th
Deadline 3 (late applications, +50 Euro):
– June 20 th / selection results by June 30th / payment due July 15th
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org