Deadline: 31 March 2015
Open to: International students from selected countries
Scholarship: The full tuition is paid by NIIED, monthly allowance of 900,000 won, round-trip economy class ticket
The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is designed for international students who wants to pursue higher education in Korean Universities.
66 Universities (or Institutes) designated by NIIED can be host institutions:
Ajou University, Chung-Ang University, Dongguk University, Ewha Womans University, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Hanyang University, Hongik University, Inha University, KDI School of Public Policy and Management, Konkuk University, Kookmin University, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea Polytechnic University, Korea University, Kyonggi University, Kyunghee University, Myongji university, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Sangmyung University, Seoul Nat’l University, Seoul Nat’l University of Science and Technology, Sogang University,Sookmyung Women’s University, Soongsil University, Sungkyunkwan University,The Graduate School of Korean Studies in the Academy of Korean Studies, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, University of Science & Technology,University Of Seoul, Yonsei University, Changwon National University, Chonbuk Nat’l University, Chonnam Nat’l University,Chungbuk Nat’l University, Chungnam Nat’l University, Daegu University, Daejeon University, Donga University, Dongseo University, Gangneung-Wonju National University, Gyeongsang Nat’l University, Hallym University, Handong Global University, Inje University, Jeju National University, Jeonju University, Kangwon Nat’l University, Keimyung University, Kongju Nat’l University, Konyang University,Korea University of Technology and Education, Kumoh Nat’l Institute of Technology,Kyungpook Nat’l University, Kyungsung university, Pai Chai University, Pukyong Nat’l University, Pusan Nat’l University, Silla Univerity, Soonchunhyang University,Sunchon National University, Sunmoon University, University of Ulsan, Wonkwang University, Woosong University, Yeungnam University.
Detailed information about the fields and majors offered by the listed eligible universities can be found in the University Information section on the . Applicants must choose their desired fields of study from the listed programs in the University Information section provided by participating universities.
Night schools, Seasonal schools, and schools through Internet are not allowed.
- Airfare: A round-trip economy class ticket
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won(KRW) per month
- Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in human and social sciences; 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences per semester
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
- Language Training Fee : The full costs up to 1 year
- Tuition: All admission fees are waived by the host institution. The full tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 ~ 800,000 won for the costs related to a printing dissertation
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month(limited insurance coverage) will be provided to the university for students.
- Special fund for students proficient in Korean language (TOPIK level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month(Commencing from the main program)
- Both applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of the foreign country.
- Applicants cannot have Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
- Should be under 40 years of age as of 1 September 2015.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2015.
- Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as the one they are applying for will not be admitted.
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students who hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
- For Doctoral program: students who hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
- Applicants who are expecting the adequate diploma should present their diploma by August 31st, 2015 before entry.
- Should have a grade point average (G.P.A.) at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previous attended institution.
- If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
The scholarships are targetted to students from the following countries:
Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Canada(Quebec), Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The United Kingdom, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia
See the complete list of eligible countries at .
Applicants can apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University. See the websites of or the in which you want to study in.
The selection process for applicants will proceed in three steps:
- Firstly, applicants must be selected by the institution he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy, or a designated university).
- Secondly, applicants who passed the first round must be selected by the NIIED Selection Committee.
- Finally, applicants who passed the second round must gain admission from a university.
The application deadline is 31 March 2015.
It is important to read the and visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
If you have any questions, check the or write to: .
If you are from Azerbaijan, Any inquiry on the above-mentioned information can be made to the Embassy as follows :
Lee Hyunjoo (email@example.com)
Embassy of the Republic of Korea
Hasan Aliyev street, cross1, house12, AZ1078, Baku, Azerbaijan