Deadline: 1 June 2015
Open to: participants between the ages of 17 and 21 years old
Venue: 22nd July – 5th August 2015, London, United Kingdom
LIYSF is a two week residential event held at Imperial College London, with lectures and demonstrations from leading scientists, visits to industrial sites, research centres, scientific institutions and organisations, including world class laboratories and universities. LIYSF attracts over 400 of the world’s leading young scientists aged 17-21 years old from more than 60 participating countries. There is an active social calendar with events designed to enable those from around the world to learn about different cultures. The scope of LIYSF extends further than broadening scientific understanding to engage students in education on other cultures and develop lasting, international friendships.
To attend LIYSF 2015, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Date of birth must be between 23rd January 1993 and 6th February 1999
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Be studying science and have achieved or be in preparation for taking exam qualifications for university entrance
- If you are applying independently, you must ask your school or college to act as a reference to endorse your application
- Your parents or guardian must endorse your application (if you are under 18 when LIYSF begins)
The participation fee is £1,695 GBP per student.
The fee covers the total cost of the programme; all meals and accommodation; lectures and demonstrations; programme visits and entrance charges; travel in central London to programmed events and the social programme. It does not cover optional sightseeing tours, theatre tickets and transfer to London.
Participants are responsible for seeking financial assistance to support their attendance at LIYSF.
Please complete the Application Form below to book student places to attend LIYSF 2015. Submission of this form confirms your application and subject to our acceptance commits you to full payment of the participations fees. Only submit this form if you have the funds ready, if you are not sure or have questions please contact us first on
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: