Deadline: 22 September 2015
Open to: any and all students over the age of 18
Venue: 27 – 29 October 2015 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
NordicMUN is a cooperation between the UNA’s of Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Finland, together with DanMUN and UN City. NordicMUN is a three day Model UN conference that will take place at the UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark. NordicMUN is a model UN for 250 delegates above the age of 18 from all over the world. The conference will be held on October 27-29th 2015 at UN City in Copenhagen, Denmark. There will also be pre-lectures (seminars, lectures, mock session etc), arranged by DanMUN, the days prior to the conference. The theme of NordicMUN is the principle of Responsibility to Protect, as it is 10 years since it was unanimously adopted by the UN. NordicMUN will simulate four different councils within the UN and each committee will debate different agenda items on the theme of responsibility to protect (R2P), and also the new Post 2015 development agenda in order to highlight the connection between security and development. In addition to the negotiations there will be mingles, interesting lectures given by key-note speakers from the UN agencies that are stationed at UN City, and of course a diplomat dance.
NordicMUN wants to…
- Spread and increase the knowledge and commitment of current issues in the United Nations
- Promote international cooperation and give the participants an insight of how global issues can be resolved through UN-diplomacy
- Inspire young people to actively make a difference and contribute to a better world
- Create a network for exchange of experience and inspiration among students and teachers in secondary schools and colleges/universities.
- Strengthen multi-sector cooperation between different actors (mainly NGOs, high schools and universities) in the Nordic countries on global issues.
Nordic MUN 2015 will especially highlight the Responsibility to Protect (R2P) and the connection between security and development.
This opportunity is open globally to those who are at least 18 years of age. English is the official language. You must be able to speak, read, and write in English ro participate in the NordicMUN 2015 Conference.
The participation fee for the conference is 120 euro and it includes conference material, pre-lectures, three lunches, and all coffee breaks throughout the entire conference.
NordicMUN 2015 will focus on the Responsibility to Protect and will gather 300 students for a fun and intense week of diplomacy and negotiation.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: