Deadline: 31 December 2015
Open to: participants between the ages of 18 and 27 years old, from around the world
Venue: 25-27 March 2016, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Young Leaders Development Project in Uzbekistan welcomes 300 international and local youth delegates on March 25th-27th, 2016. The project conducts International Youth Summit in Uzbekistan under the theme:”Our heritage, Our future”.
The aim of the event is to bring together the brightest students, youth activists, leaders of the society, entrepreneurs, professors and businessmen to start a dialogue on building a stable, peaceful society today and tomorrow based on national values and traditions.
The main organizer of the Summit is Young Leaders Development Project in Tashkent, a social project of Uzbekistan Teachers of English Association aiming at supporting enthusiastic and active young people to develop their personality and professionalism.
The initiatives and ideas to be presented at the forum will be discussed in English language, directed to improving leadership skills and covering the following key categories:
- *What do we mean when we say family?
- *How can we preserve national values and traditions?
- *What is the role of the youth in preserving national values and traditions?
- *What threatens to universal mankind values?
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- *be no younger than 18 and no older than 27 years old
- *demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and potential to become a key leader in your community
- *have passion to create positive social change and willingness to use Summit experience in your leadership position
- *be active either in politics, civil society organizations, media, business sector or local communities
- *have a good command of written and spoken English
- International participants: Participation fee is €50. For all scholarship based participants YLDP will take responsibility to cover participation fee, handouts, accommodation, 3 meals (full board), special events, trips and transportation. However, all international participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and associated VISA costs (if needed) to Uzbekistan.
- Local participants: No participation fee. For all scholarship based participants YLDP will take responsibility to cover participation fee, handouts, accommodation, 3 meals (full board), special events, trips and transportation. Non-scholarship based participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation.
Deadline for both International and local participantsis 31st of December, 2015. Applicants in need of scholarship support are urged to apply before the priority deadline. While scholarship support is available after the early deadline, it is allocated on a rolling basis and earlier applications are given priority.
In order to apply, register HERE.
Please send the completed application form (DOC, DOCX or PDF format), passport copy and other relevent documents to the following e-mail: email@example.com with the subject: YOUTH SUMMIT 2015 Application Form.(Your Name). The organizing team will select participants with varied professional and academic backgrounds. The candidates will be selected from a competitive pool based on their expertise and will ensure a geographical and gender balance. Announcement of all successful candidates will be announced on 10thJanuary 2016.
If you have any questions, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org