Deadline: 15 December 2015
Open to: students between the ages of 13 and 19 years old
Venue: virtual learning platform from March – May 2016.
The Junior Academy is a virtual program for exceptional students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Students gain access to an exciting community of student peers from across the globe, as well as mentoring from leading STEM practitioners. Each year, Junior Academy students compete in global challenges to solve real-world problems with the chance to win cash prizes and an all expenses paid trip to New York City for a two-day summit. The Junior Academy aims to network thousands of the world’s most promising young STEM talent and provide them the support they need to stay engaged and eager to excel.
Each year, top students from around the world are admitted to The Junior Academy and compete in Imagining Tomorrow innovation challenges where they work in small teams applying principles of scientific research to design solutions that address global issues. Mentoring takes place via a virtual learning platform from March to May 2016.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Professionals in a STEM-related field, OR pursuing an advanced degree in a STEM-related field
- Located anywhere in the world
- Comfortable communicating and reading in English
- Able to access at least one communication device with Internet
- Passionate about engaging and inspiring students
- Passionate about using STEM to solve global issues such as sustainability, nutrition, energy, environment, technology, innovation, and public health
The program is open to students ages 13–19 from around the world.
All individuals who apply and are accepted as Mentors into any Global STEM Alliance program are eligible for a 1-year complimentary Membership to the New York Academy of Sciences. Individual Academy Members benefit from access to cutting-edge research and opportunities to engage with a professional network of over 20,000 Members in 100+ countries. You can also participate directly in Academy programs as an expert speaker, contributing author, or steering committee member. Specific benefits include:
- Free/discounted registration to 100+ scientific conferences, symposia & events, including livestream Webinars for those who cannot attend in person
- Access to career development resources, including skills workshops, Career Path videos, and networking opportunities developed by Science Alliance, the professional development arm of the Academy
- Free digital access to Academy publications, including Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, The Sciences magazine, NYAS Magazine, and more
- Free digital access to the full archive of over 500 Academy eBriefings, enhanced multi-media presentations featuring the latest research presented at the Academy
Apply now! Application deadline is December 15, 2015
- Complete an online application
- Complete a short interview
- Complete a background check
- Submit a professional reference
- Take an online training course
In order to apply, register HERE.
Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org