The European Academy of Diplomacy (EAD) is offering a five-day course on Business & Diplomacy. The program is designed for university students, young professionals and academia representatives who wish to advance their internationally-minded careers.
It aims to refine the skill-set, specific knowledge, and genuine experience in the growing field of lobbying and economic diplomacy. By combining intensive lectures and training modules with detailed analysis of current trade issues, the course offers a platform to engage with economic, political, legal, and cultural lenses.
- Course: Business & Diplomacy
- Location: Warsaw, Poland
- Dates: 26 – 30 September 2016
- Language: English
- More Information: http://diplomats.pl/course/economic-diplomacy/
- EU Institutions and decision making process
- EU scene: stakeholders and decision makers
- Lobbying tools and strategies
- Communication in lobbying
Trainer: Mr. Daniel Gueguen
Founder of Strategy and Lobbying at PACT European Affairs; 40 years of experience in EU public affairs; Founder of CLAN Public Affairs and the European Training Institute; Former Director General of the European Sugar Manufacturers; Former Secretary General of COPA-COGECA.
- Theoretical introduction
- Full day of case study based simulations
Trainer: Dr. Ilona Hunek
Assistant Professor at Koźmiński University ; active researcher and lecturer focusing on human issues in various organizations; coach and specialist in strategic and international negotiations, conflict resolution and diversity management.
- Intersections of business and diplomacy
- Introduction to economic diplomacy
- Domestic and external decision making
- Trade agreements (TTIP/TTP)
- Main trade blocks and organizations (WTO, OECD)
Trainers:There are various trainers involved in this module, includingDr. WiesławKarsz:
Polish specialist in economic diplomacy, serving the Polish trade envoy to the WTO in 2003-9; Deputy head of the Polish Permanent Representation to the OECD in 2012-2014; International trade expert; Former panelist in WTO’s dispute settlements; Professor for Law & Economics and Jurisprudence at the University of Lodz)
- Online Application Process:
- Registration Fee
-390 € without accommodation
-610 € with accommodation
-All participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.
For more information, please visit :http://diplomats.pl/ or contact
EAD International Programs Coordinator