Deadline: 8 November 2016
Open to: developing global leaders
Scholarship: flights, accommodation, stipend, others according to country
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders and is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you have to meet following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country;
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended;
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK;
- Have at least two years’ work experience;
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017;
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017.
Chevening covers a number of costs including flights, accommodation and others according to your country.
How to apply?
Applications for Chevening Scholarships open on 8 August. Applications for Chevening Fellowships open at various points during the year.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the “apply” button on your country page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English;
- Valid passport/national ID card;
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate);
- Three different UK Master’s course choices;
- Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if already met the requirements);
- UK Master’s university offer (if already met the requirements).
For more information, please check the official web-page.