Deadline: August 15, 2016
Open to: participants from (post-) conflict societies from all over the world
Venue: 26 November– 8 December 2016 in Berlin, Germany
- to learn more about Dealing with the Past in Germany with a focus on the Nazi regime and the communist regime in the GDR as well as the ensuing public discourses;
- to exchange best practices with participants from other post-conflict societies;
- to work intensely on the challenges they face in their own work, organizations and societies through professional facilitation as well as through peer consultation;
- to strengthen their leadership skills and to develop strategies for self-management and self-care.
- The program is targeted at mid-career and senior staff working for civil society organizations, government bodies and media institutions with relevant work experience in the field of dealing with the past. Practitioners, activists and experts from (post-) conflict societies directly involved in peace processes are especially encouraged to apply.
- Have very good English skills in order to participate in group discussions and to write a short reflection paper.
- Be open to a comparative and participatory learning experience: Participants are expected to actively engage with participants from other countries, to consult to each other on challenges they face in their home contexts, and to share reflections and lessons learned within the group.
Please complete the following form and submit your application by August 15, 2016.
Furthermore, we would kindly ask to send us following documents attached in an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A CV of no more than 2 pages,
• a letter of motivation describing your work experience in the field of dealing with the past and indicating why you wish to participate in this specific program, and
• a letter of recommendation.
The application is complete and eligible once the e-mail with CV, motivation letter and letter of recommendation has been received.
In order to apply, .