Communications Intern (October-December 2016)
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes the political participation of citizens, the accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide. Democracy Reporting International is currently recruiting a communications intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s work in Asia (Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka). The intern will support the Asia Team in the areas of communications and project management/administration.
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories and newsletter articles;
- Support in drafting and scheduling content for social media channels;
- Conduct image selection for the website and social media channels;
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and briefing papers and translating documents;
- Support in the recruitment and management of international experts including travel logistic
- Support the organisation and its implementation of expert missions as well as workshops and DRI events in Berlin or in-country;
- Assist in maintaining project files, databases and other resources;
- Conduct research on current and political affairs in programme countries and the wider Asia region with a particular focus on elections, constitutions and human rights;
- Other duties as required.
- Academic background in law, political science, (South) Asian studies, journalism, public relations or related fields;
- Experience in media/communications/social media
- Previous office experience
- Excellent oral and written English;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (WordPress) is preferred;
- Experience with photo and graphic editing software is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Asian region, with a particular focus on Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Myanmar, is preferable;
- Experience in project cycle management, communications, and research is an asset;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
The internship is full time, starting 1 October 2016 for a duration of three months. A monthly internship allowance of 400 € will be provided.
Please submit your application (**cover letter and CV**) to email@example.com with “Asia Intern 2016” as the subject heading and supporting documents in the following format: SURNAME_FIRSTNAME_DOCUMENTNAME. The deadline for applications is 20 August 2016. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline, so early applications are encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .