Deadline: 26 October 2016
Open to: 21 years old or older and fluent in English
Venue: two weeks in July/August, Turkey
The UWC Short Course Turkey 2017 will touch on issues of identity and migration –and their several intersections, to give young participants a chance to re-think migration in its complexity, with its challenges as well as its enriching aspects. This year’s short course will bring together 40 young people between the ages of 16 and 18 years old from Europe, Western Asia and North Africa. The short course will take place over a period of two weeks in July/August.
We believe that to think about migration is fundamental to our future. While revisiting the relationship between diasporas, homelands and transnational identities we would like to rethink together the “us/them” binary, particularly with regards to social and cultural differences. At the same time, one of our goals is to facilitate the production of a creative project made by participants, so we can reach out beyond the space and time limitations of the short course.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals committed to creating social change through education. So, if you believe that bringing youth together is an answer, and if you are able to responsively commit to creating an active and positive environment while working together, continue reading to apply as a coordinator.
- You need to be 21 years old or older and fluent in English
- You will need to make 6 hours a week available for the short course and to be available full-time for a three week period in July/August (exact dates TBD).
This course runs on a volunteer ethic. This is an unpaid position and travel costs are not covered. However, costs incurred during the short course like accommodation, food and local transportation will be covered during the length of your stay.
- Fill out the application form before October 26th, 2016
- Interviews with selected applicants will take place between October 29th and November 6th, 2016.
- The following application form will require personal and contact information from you and will also ask you to fill out short essay questions detailing your qualifications to work as a coordinator.
In order to apply, .
For more information, get in touch at email@example.com