Deadline: 30 April 2017
Open to: interested international students planning to to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, senior scholar program and long term language program and exchange program
Scholarship: provide tuition fees fully or partially plus accomodation
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially and accomodation to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing. eBeijing is authorized by the Beijing Municipal Government and organized jointly by the Foreign Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality and the Beijing Network Information Industry Office. The website aims to strengthen the exchanges, cooperation and friendship between Beijing and the rest of the world through the internet in English.
Scholarships will be awarded to undertake doctoral, masters, undergraduate, senior scholar program and long term language program and exchange program. To be eligible to apply:
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health;
- For doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
- For master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- For undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 30;
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50;
- Applicants for long term language studies must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 60;
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50;
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions;
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
The scholarship into the following five categories:
- Doctoral student scholarship:5,700 USD /person/year;
- Master student scholarship: 4,300 USD/person/year;
- Undergraduate student scholarship: 2,800 USD/person/year;
- Senior scholars and long term language student scholarship:1,400 USD/person/year;
- Scholarship for exchange student (long-term or credit transferrable students) and student who make special contributions to international exchange and cooperation in the capital area: 700 USD/person/year.
All applicants can apply to the relevant schools, the Chinese Embassy, or consulate general in their home countries. The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
- Application Form for Beijing Government Scholarship (Applicants shall obtain the form from the Higher Education Institutions or download the form from the website of the targeted HEIs);
- Notarized highest diploma and transcripts;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form should be provided if the duration of study is six months or above;
- Study plan (no less than 400 words) or research plan (no less than 800 words) in Chinese or English should be submitted for degree or research students;
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works according to the requirements of the target HEIs.
- Applicants under 18 should provide legal documents of their legal guardians in China;
- Please note that application documents will NOT be returned.