TMG Space Camp Scholarship Applications are now open through January 15, 2018.
This scholarship is for 100% of the tuition to 1 week of space camp (July 8-13, 2018) and includes a flight suit, transportation and a small spending stipend. The total value is approximately $2,500.
Welcome students! We are happy you are here. Please fill review the application requirements below to make sure you qualify before applying. If you choose to apply, please make sure you complete all 3 parts of the application by January 15, 2018 to be considered for selection.
Applications are due no later than 11:59pm CST on January 15, 2018
Application requirements include:
- Must join the TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program (see themarsgeneration.org for information and to signup)
- Family must qualify for the USDA FREE lunch program. We do require verification of your family qualification of the USDA FREE lunch program if you are awarded a scholarship.
- Must live in the continental U.S. (Lower 48 states)
- Must be able to attend Space Camp the week of July 7-13, 2018
- Have never attended Space Camp USA in Huntsville, Alabama
- Must be between the age of 15-17 as of July 1, 2018.
- Application must be submitted by 11:59pm January 15, 2018
Application for the scholarship consists of 3 parts:
- Fill out the application form which includes an outreach project proposal. Students who are awarded a TMG Space Camp Scholarship will be required to complete an outreach project where they share their Space Camp experience with their community.
- Student will need to create and submit a short video (under 5 minutes) introducing themselves and explaining why STEM education and/or space exploration are important to the future of humankind. Videos will need to be emailed to email@example.com with the student’s full name and words “Space Camp Scholarship Application 2018” in Subject line of the email as well as in the title of the video file.
- Students will need to have a mentor or teacher fill out out a recommendation form.