Deadline: 16 January 2016
Open to: young people around the world aged 10-24
Prizes: an invitation to UNESCO’s Builders of the Universe Camp in Maryland, USA
, the U.N. organization that brings grass roots initiatives in Education, Science, and Culture, invites youth around the world to take part in this year’s Multimedia Competition. The task is simple. Choose one of the United Nation’s and develop your solution to accomplish this aim.
Entrants should respond by making a 3-minute multimedia production, 500-700 word written essay, art work or any method that channels a specific passion in answering the prompt.
The categories are:
- Juniors – ages 10 to 14;
- Youth – ages 15 to 19;
- Young Adult – ages 20 to 24.
To be eligible, following conditions have to be met:
- The work has to be relevant to the question;
- The work must be original;
- Please make sure your essay satisfies the following formatting criteria:
- 12 point Times New Roman;
- 1 inch margins all around;
- 500-700 words in English in MLA format.
- Videos must be 3-minutes maximum;
- Images of 3-dimensional art will be accepted. You must complete the 100 word explanation of your work on the Submission Form;
- 1 entry per person.
There will be 7 semifinalists for each age group who will receive a certificate. The three finalists in each age group will receive an official plaque engraved with their name and a certificate. They will have an invitation to UNESCO’s Builders of the Universe Camp held during the summer of 2016 at Hood College in Frederick, Maryland, USA.
The invitation will include a scholarship for the fee for the camp, food, accommodations, and transport to and from the airport. Airfare is not included. There will be a special ceremony held for contest winners at the camp. In addition, the top 9 winners will be recognized and showcased in global events during the year.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 16 January 2016. To apply please fill in the online Submission Form .
For more information please visit the .