Deadline: 21 July 2014
Open to: peacebuilding organisations across the globe
Are you a peacebuilder? Do you need some support to help you grow your impact and strengthen your organisation? If you meet our entry criteria, you can apply to win our annual ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ competition.
Peace Direct believes that in every conflict there are local organisations doing remarkable work to prevent violence and build peace. And we should know – since 2004, we have sent over £2 million in funding to dozens of peacebuilding groups across Africa, Asia and Latin America, and we’ve mapped and profiled over 800 more on our website Insight on Conflict. Now, we are launching our second ‘Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders’ competition to find the best emerging peacebuilding organisations across the globe. Four winning entries will be selected by our expert peacebuilding jury.
This is a global competition. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- be a registered organisation or community association, established for at least 2 years
- undertake peacebuilding work – your organisation is either a peacebuilding organisation or has peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work
- have a maximum annual income of $60,000 USD or less. At least one of the four winners will have an annual income of less than $10,000 USD.
- be locally based – your organisation must be based in the country or communities where your work will be done
- be an independent organisation, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
Each winning entry will receive:
- $4,000 funding for peacebuilding activities
- The opportunity to attend an international Peace Direct peacebuilder event or another peacebuilding exchange visit
- Online promotion of their work.
The winners will be announced on Armistice Day, 11 November 2014.
In order to help decide whether to enter or not, we recommend you read ourGuidance Notes and Terms and Conditions (Both documents will soon be available in French and Spanish, please contact email@example.com to be notified, or check back soon).
Applications will be accepted from 23 May until 21 July 2014. We strongly recommend applying as early as possible. We will review applications as they are submitted to ensure they are complete and correct, and therefore, early application enjoy this advantage and a greater chance of success.
In order to enter, please download and return the application form. We prefer to receive applications completed in English. If you are not comfortable writing your answers in English, we encourage you to have a friend or colleague translate your application into English prior to submission. If these options are not possible, we will accept applications in French and Spanish as well.
Spanish and French applications coming soon! If you would like to request a Spanish or French application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or check back soon.
Send completed applications to email@example.com. Please ensure the total size of email attachments does not exceed 5mb. Emails larger than 5mb may be rejected by our email system.
For further information visit the official website HERE.