Deadline: 28 November 2014
Open to: Photojournalists and amateurs worldwide
Award: up to US$ 2,500
The Smithsonian magazine is accepting submissions for its annual photo contest.
Contestants can submit up to 15 photos to each of the following six categories: the natural world, travel, people, the American experience, altered images and mobile photos.
Contestants can submit up to 15 photos to each of the following six categories:
- The Natural World: Animals, plants and landscapes; geological or climatological features; and scientific processes and endeavors.
- Travel: Locales, peoples or activities in the United States and abroad that convey a sense of place.
- People: Individuals from all walks of life.
- The American Experience: Events, objects or activities connecting the American people to their history or their cultural heritage; photographs that tell us what it means to be an American and provide a sense of what it is like to live in this country.
- Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects (i.e. colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, HDR, etc.).
- Mobile Photos: Photographs taken with a phone or tablet.
Photojournalists and amateurs worldwide can enter this contest.
Smithsonian.com will award eight prizes, as follows:
- Grand Prize: $2,500
- Category Winners: The winners of each of the six categories will receive $500.
- Reader’s Choice: The winner of the online Readers’ Choice award will receive $500.
The deadline is Nov. 28.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the