Deadline: 13 September 2015
Open to: actors from the cultural sphere, public administration and the private sector from , Kosovo and Belarus, and USA.
Grants: up to EUR 5,000, support by experts of up to EUR 5,000
About the Actors of Urban Change Program
Actors of Urban Change is a program by the in cooperation with MitOst e.V. After the pilot stage (2013 – 2015), this is the call for the second program round.
“Actors of Urban Change” aims to achieve sustainable and participatory urban development through cultural activities. This is carried out by strengthening the competencies for cross-sector collaboration among actors from the cultural sphere, the public administration, and the private sector. Through local projects, an international qualification program, Europe-wide exchange and individual coaching, actors of urban change put those skills into practice.
For 18 months, an actor from the cultural sphere, the public administration and the private sector form a local cross-sector team for the implementation of an innovative project for their city. All teams from different European cities obtain support for their professional qualification as well as through the international exchange within the “Actors of Urban Change Academy”.
The activities within the program:
- International “Actors of Urban Change Academy”: a cycle of five sessions (of approx. 5 days each, incl. weekends) of networking and training through workshops, lectures, peer learning etc. incl. Kick-Off Forum in Berlin (10-13 December 2015), three more academies (2016 and 2017) and a Final Meeting with presentation of outcomes (May 2017);
- Shadowing internships in the city of other project participants (incl. the alumnae of the first program round) and partly in other places that are relevant to the respective person and/or local project (up to 10 days; between May 2016 and May 2017).
“Actors of Urban Change” is designed to strengthen participants’ skills and practical experience in the field of cross-sector collaboration and participatory urban development. The program addresses actors from the cultural sphere, public administration and the private sector who apply with a draft joint project addressing a particular aspect of urban or community development within their city through cultural activities (e.g. social inclusion, participation, cultural diversity, the responsible use of resources).
Applicants are expected to have a strong interest in cross-sector collaboration through cultural projects or activities as well as in international exchange. A good command of English is a requirement for participation. Applications are welcome from all , Kosovo and Belarus.
At a Local Level:
- Project grants of up to EUR 5,000;
- Local project-related and tailor-made support by experts of up to EUR 5,000.
At an International Level:
- Workshops and lectures by international experts;
- Peer learning sessions moderated by experienced trainers;
- Financial and content-related support for shadowing internships;
- Reimbursement of all travel expenses and accommodation related to the above mentioned activities.
How to apply?
In order to apply first you will have to on their platform and follow the steps. Deadline for applying is 13 September 2015.
Applicants will be selected by an international and interdisciplinary jury and informed about the decision taken by mid-November 2015.
If you have any questions please contact Martin Schwegmann (Program Officer) and Elisabeth Kremer (Program Assistant) at email@example.com
For more information please visit